Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 3,441 times

Advertisements

I moved to Anderson almost 7 years ago from Northern Ohio. While establishing a new life here certainly faced challenges over time, I can sit here and say it was one of the best decisions I've made. If your considering the move, don't wait! You only get one life to live and why not make the best of it?

My top 5 favorite reasons to live where I live!

1.)The beautiful blue ridge mountains are less than an hour away. The trails, water falls, views etc is amazing
2.) Lake Hartwell - I love spending time on the lake! It's biggest downfall is the water levels fluctuate so much but the corp of engineers is good to work with if you live on the lake.
3.) Taxes - Property taxes and gas taxes are great!
4.) Camping - Lots of great State Parks filled with great wonderful people every time we go camping
5.) The Weather - Of course we have our hot days in the summer but the spring and falls here are beautiful!

Feel free to chime in with more positive reasons why you love the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 03:53 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,419,234 times
the large number of golf courses in the upstate, there may be more here than in Mrytle Beach, the golf capital of the world, and the courses are more scenic here.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:01 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,039,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeHartwell View Post
Feel free to chime in with more positive reasons why you love the area!
I came here from Asheville in the late 90's. My ex-wife and I were both working, yet we were each just making ~$8 per hour. I never had any benefits either.. no insurance, no sick days, or any vacation. Sick with the flu, then I was just out of work for a week.

And I tried the entire 3-4 years we lived there to find a better job, but I couldn't - even though I had a college degree. I sent resume after resume, and made call after call.. But the jobs simply were not available. Finally I decided to broaden my horizons, and sent a resume for a job posting in Greenville. The very next day they called me for an interview, and the next day after the interview they called and offered me a job that paid $13 per hour with full benefits.

"How do you feel about overtime?" they asked... "We're really busy, and some long hours will be required."

It was surreal... I went from being broke and thinking that life was hopeless all the time, to feeling like I had just won the lottery lol. So I washed the Asheville stink off of me, basked in Greenville's warm glow and haven't looked back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area