Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 PM

6 posts, read 10,318 times

Advertisements

My husband has a job offer in Spartanburg, SC. Can you please help me with where are some good places to live? which school district is good? I am a school teacher here in Washington State and I value my children's education!

Any info would be WONDERFUL!!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 AM

27 posts, read 105,999 times
my wife and i almost bought a house in boiling springs which is just north of spartanburg. boiling springs is a pretty nice, growing area. overall spartanburg county does not have schools as good as greenville county, however boiling springs is an exception to that fact.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM

899 posts, read 2,288,442 times
The best school districts that are going to offer the most for your kids and generally be the most attractive to families like yours (and also have the most transplants like you) are going to be Spartanburg Districts 5, 6, 7, and 2. These also generally mirror the best places to live in the county.

District 6 is the "westside" of Spartanburg (outside of city limits--the more "suburban" area of Spartanburg proper) as well as towns like Roebuck and Moore. It's high school is Dorman HS and is a model high school facility for the state (built in the last ten years). It's the size of a small college. Large student body too. Lots of nice subdivisions on the westside of Spartanburg off of Hwy. 29, Reidville Rd./John B. White Blvd., Willis Rd., and Anderson Mill Rd. and also a variety of subdivisions off Blackstock Rd. in Roebuck area.

District 7 is in the city of Spartanburg. Spartanburg High School is it's flagship school. Diverse school that has been recognized in past for AP program. You've got a lot of more established neighborhoods all over the area including the Fernwood-Glendale area, neighborhoods off of Country Club Rd., downtown tree-lined historic neighborhoods like Converse Heights and Hampton Heights, probably others that I am not familiar with myself.

District 5 includes the growing suburb of Duncan as well as parts of Moore, Greer and western Spartanburg. BMW's North American HQ contributes to the tax base in this school district. Byrnes High School is in this district and they are nearing completion of a new fine arts center. There has been massive school construction in this district over the past ten years with five or six brand new schools built. Lots of nice subdivisions off of Reidville Rd. (b/t Nazareth Church Rd. and Hwy. 101), Hwy. 290 (b/t Berry Shoals Rd. and Hwy. 221), Rogers Bridge Rd. and Berry Shoals Rd.

District 2 is Boiling Springs HS. The district hasn't been as known academically as 6, 7, and 5 in the past but has improved over the past 5-10 years as Boiling Springs has exploded with new people moving in. It is the fastest growing community in Spartanburg in front of Duncan. There are tons of nice and new subdivisions all over the place in Boiling Springs. Look around Old Furnace Rd, Parris Bridge Rd., Bible Church Rd., and Clark Rd.

I would advise going on the State Dept. of Education website and looking at the district report cards. And of course visiting our great county! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area