Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 PM
LCM LCM started this thread

77 posts, read 185,484 times

Advertisements

Well we made the move and we LOVE it. Now mom and dad are eyeing the area. (I'm pretty sure they can live without me, but missing the grandkids is causing too many tears.)

Does anyone know of Simpsonville neighborhoods that trend toward older people as opposed to young families? (Not that they don't like kids--they just don't want to be overrun by them.) I'm thinking smaller, ranch-style homes that don't necessarily have the pools and parks that so many others do.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,139,471 times
Poinsettia would be my first look. It is one of the older communities within Simpsonville. I know I saw several for sale in there two days ago.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 PM

348 posts, read 497,368 times
Default Try Wyndham Place

Wyndham Place is a very quiet community and alot of retired people are here. We love it. Just off Laurens and Bethel Road.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 PM

179 posts, read 516,835 times
Steepleschase off of Jonesville Road. I was one of the first people in the neighborhood and it was young couples and older retired people. As we younger people had kids we moved out and more older people moved in. It is a very quiet neighborhood. I think almost all are ranch with maybe a bonus above the garage. The original builder was Ryland.

There is also Gresham Park on of Gresham road that I believe are all ranch. Newer community by Ryan. It is off of Woodruff Road in the Five Forks area.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Default Ryan Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingville View Post
Steepleschase off of Jonesville Road. I was one of the first people in the neighborhood and it was young couples and older retired people. As we younger people had kids we moved out and more older people moved in. It is a very quiet neighborhood. I think almost all are ranch with maybe a bonus above the garage. The original builder was Ryland.

There is also Gresham Park on of Gresham road that I believe are all ranch. Newer community by Ryan. It is off of Woodruff Road in the Five Forks area.
I was looking into Gresham Park and it sounds nice. However, I went on-line and checked out Ryan and there seem to be a lot of construction problems with their homes. Check this out before you buy!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:41 AM

607 posts, read 1,403,354 times
Heritage Lakes off HWY 14 near Woodruff Road. There are young families there, but also a lot of retired people. It is an older neighborhood with the kinds of houses you are describing.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM

179 posts, read 516,835 times
I bought a Ryan home in Bennett's Grove just over a year ago and did not have any problems with their construction. I absolutely love my house. Of course with the economy being the way it is maybe they are skimping on things now.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:43 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
Default Not Simpsonville, but...

Not Simpsonville, but not far... IvyBrooke Townhomes is off Garlington between Pelham and Roper Mountain Roads. A lot of retirees and a scattering of young professionals. Most of the children are grandkids just visiting. There is a small pool, but that's the only community amenity. For a large townhome community (168 homes), it's quite spacious and not closed-in feeling. There is a lot of green and open space between buildings. It's a gated community, so traffic is sparce. Several are currently for sale, a variety of floorplans, all with a first floor master. Most of the homes are 3 BR 2 1/2 BA, bonus room and 2 car garage. Most are 1,880 - 2,000 sq. ft.

The HOA is well managed, has its rules, but most are quite reasonable. We've lived here since Feb and feel like we made a very good choice.

Oh, and there are two retirement communities (one is assisted living only) next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area