Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,470,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I got the flu shot earlier today. My mom works at GHS so it was free for me.
The regular vaccine or the one specifically for H1N1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Regular one. It was the spray mist. I'll be getting H1N1 shot in the future when they get more vaccines in. I still laugh at the conspiracy theorists regarding these things. LOL. I'd rather take my chances with a vaccine than dying from getting the flu.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Regular one. It was the spray mist. I'll be getting H1N1 shot in the future when they get more vaccines in. I still laugh at the conspiracy theorists regarding these things. LOL. I'd rather take my chances with a vaccine than dying from getting the flu.
I think both sides have valid points. H1N1 is still new and largely unknown, and although the drama is mostly a result of media sensationalism, there is no denying that some people have died from it. The governmental agencies are doing what they are supposed to do in these situations, which is to look at things from a public health perspective. Vaccines should be made available, and people should have the freedom to choose whether the vaccine is right for them (the individual) or not.

And while no agency is purposely putting things in vaccines to harm people, there is no denying the fact that we don't know everything about the additives included in most vaccines. Did the high levels of mercury in some vaccines cause the rate of autism to dramatically increase like it did, or are we just diagnosing autism better? I don't think anybody knows the answer at this point - so some suspicion is warranted if you ask me.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:13 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
That's a good point regarding autism. Nobody seems to truly know why there has been a large increase in autism cases, but could it be from the vaccines? Hard to say at this point. Seeing how you work in the healthcare industry, do you know which vaccines have high levels of mercury? I don't get a flu shot every year, but I am this year due to H1N1 and being in college.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 PM

151 posts, read 331,519 times
Daughter diagnosed today....I called my Dr and they did not have it...asked where I could go and they directed me to the city. Have heard the comments on unkown side effects before...still debating what I am going to do when I find it.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:34 AM

107 posts, read 520,177 times
Default Vaccine is Available in Greenville

The H1N1 vaccine is being distributed through public channels and is available in Greenville by appt only this coming Wed and Fri, at this point in time. Call CVS on Fairview Rd 962-8991 for details and the phone# to make the appt.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
Daughter diagnosed today....I called my Dr and they did not have it...asked where I could go and they directed me to the city. Have heard the comments on unkown side effects before...still debating what I am going to do when I find it.
If your daughter has already been diagnosed with H1N1, the vaccine isn't going to help her. Vaccines are only effective if received pre-illness (the body needs time to build immunity to the virus, which takes at least a few weeks).

Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Greenville County Schools are "supposed" to have the H1N1 vaccine for all students and faculty that "opt-in" (if enough supplies are available).

My sons pediatrician says that he has seen way more cases of the regular flu than H1N1 so far. So make sure you get your seasonal shot now while supplies last. Remember, you can die from both flu's. Actually, a lot of reports coming back is that many "otherwise healthy" people getting the H1N1 flu are actually riding out the symptoms quite well.

My family got the seasonal shots last week.

Their are those cases where people are dieing from the H1N1. The pastor who died last week died of complications of the flu, he had double-pneumonia.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM

31 posts, read 81,695 times
Pneumonia often comes as a result of the flu - that's one of the reasons why it's important to stay home as long as you can if you get the flu. your lungs need a break! Luckily, SC is one of only four states in the nation not considered to be experiencing "widespread" h1n1 (CDC 2009 H1N1 Flu | 2009 H1N1 U.S. Situation Update). But be careful out there folks! Wash your hands as much as you can!

There is no link between vaccines and autism: Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism - Institute of Medicine. The study that initially proposed this link has been debunked for a long, long time now. Honestly folks, we are exposed to SO many toxins in our environment - in the air, our water, our food, the chemicals we use daily to kill bugs/do our hair/paint our houses... vaccines are probably the least of our problems as far as exposure to toxins. And they CAN save you from some nasty illnesses (possibly hospital stays and deaths), including flu! Be thankful you live in a country where you can have access to these potentially lifesaving vaccines! It's great!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:31 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobacknorth View Post
Nope, don't trust the government, still too new, I will not be getting it and I will be telling my patients not to either.
What are your credentials to make a statement like that? You could be a veterinarian as far as we know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: