Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM

12 posts, read 21,743 times

Advertisements

We are moving to get jobs with this company and was wondering what anyone can tells about it. My husbands aunt works for them but that is just one opinion. Any help from people who shop there or old/current employees would be great. We will be moving our family from Arizona for this and I'm very nervous. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 02:10 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,606,962 times
IMO Ingles store quality varies widely.

Please see this interesting 16 page thread in the Asheville subforum re Ingles: http://www.city-data.com/forum/weste...m-i-alone.html.

We are extremely fortunate in Greenville to have such a variety of grocery stores (more competition).

My opinion of overall grocery store quality in Greenville:
Publix > Bloom > Bi-Lo > Food Lion/Ingles

(I did not include Earthfare, Whole Foods, or Fresh Market)

Old 01-09-2010, 04:16 PM

231 posts, read 576,635 times
Do you know which Ingles you'll be working at? I agree that the quality of each store varies. What department will you be working in?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 PM

6 posts, read 16,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep8477 View Post
Do you know which Ingles you'll be working at? I agree that the quality of each store varies. What department will you be working in?
The stores in Anderson, North Greenville and Spartanburg all are very big and nice. The ones on the South end of Greenville county are slated to be molded or rebuild. the Current one is Moonville. They are cheaper on somethings it just depends on what you buy. If you have children You will need a stack of coupons if you go to bloom or Publix so you wont break the bank. Each Bi-lo Store also will vary on size and scale. Some of the Super Bilo's aren't even super they just wasted their money on putting the word super on the building and going into bankruptcy.

Bloom/Foodloin which are the same company are nice but small. Bloom is on the nice side of town while Foodlion is on the other. I how ever will never buy meat from them after that bleaching their Meat hit ABC news. Wal-mart is also a no on the meat because you don't know how long it will sit their. If you want meat that won't make you sick stick to Publix, Bilo, Ingles

Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
I find Ingles to be a fairly nice store myself. The only one that looks bad which is slated to be rebuilt soon is located in Moonville. All of the others seem big and clean.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I find Ingles to be a fairly nice store myself. The only one that looks bad which is slated to be rebuilt soon is located in Moonville. All of the others seem big and clean.
Have not been to Simpsonville have you?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,468,524 times
Quote:
Is that the one on Highway 25 near I-185? I was in that area for the first time ever last week, and noticed that old Ingles with the yellow, red, and orange facade on the front of the building (the same one they used on all their stores back in the 80s!). I could not believe that facade was still being used on a store currently in business. Ha ha. Definitely time for an upgrade!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
Is that the one on Highway 25 near I-185? I was in that area for the first time ever last week, and noticed that old Ingles with the yellow, red, and orange facade on the front of the building (the same one they used on all their stores back in the 80s!). I could not believe that facade was still being used on a store currently in business. Ha ha. Definitely time for an upgrade!
Yep, that's the one. Just south of the Donaldson Center. If I lived over there, I would refuse to shop at it. I'm afraid it would collapse or something when i'm inside. lol.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Have not been to Simpsonville have you?
The one next to Kohl's? Nope, i've never been inside that one.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,137,469 times
Quote:
The one next to Kohl's? Nope, i've never been inside that one.
Dirty, dark and ready to be dozed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area