Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 04:54 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Was heading south on 101 today, and noticed a large area of land being developed. It's across the street from the homes with the airstrip on it near Brockman, and not far from near Reidville Sharon Rd. I think this area is still considred Greer. Does anyone have any idea what is being put here.

If it's been talked about in the past, sorry for asking again.
Is that where Michelin is building?

Old 03-17-2017, 07:12 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Is that where Michelin is building?
Sounds like it could be, thanks for that. I told the BF it looked like a distribution center going up, and my instinct was right!

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/n...bution-center/

We passed a Dollar Tree dist center not long ago - tucked in the midde of no where - place is massive!

Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 AM

Andino's Restaurant and Bar opened in Greer. Off WH, on Brookwood. Friend went and picked up food and brought it home. Thought it was very good, at least what she picked out, which was from the Andean side of the menu. Going to go try it (hopefully) this weekend. Will give my first hand opinion(s) after we go.

andinoonline.com - Home

Will have to check out their hours and days so you may want to verify that info. Seems they close from 2-5. Will try to find out more.

The menu sounds really good. Hoping for some good tiramisu!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:20 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Blue Mercury Cosmetics store coming to Downtown (131 N Main) per LDILINE. I believe they are owned by Macy's. They have been adding them to their stores.
https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/n...pink-building/

Old 03-24-2017, 05:22 PM

557 posts, read 864,297 times
A new Sidewall Pizza opens on Pelham Road in Greenville http://http://www.greenvilleonline.c...oday/99549588/

Old 03-24-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCainJr View Post
A new Sidewall Pizza opens on Pelham Road in Greenville http://http://www.greenvilleonline.c...oday/99549588/

Have heard good things about this pizza, looking forward to trying it one day.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 PM

Andino's. Went to it tonight. My thoughts and opinion...

We ordered the papa rellaena as an appetizer. It's not the kind of papa that I used to eat in Miami, Cuban style, which is round. This was more shaped like a average size potato, and it was very good, we thought.

The salad bar is small, and a bit of a mix of what is on there, not your usual, or typical salad bar. Lettuce, tomato, carrots, cuke, kidney and garbanzo beans, a pasta salad, red potatoes, marinated green beans, can't remember what other things. I think there were 4 dressings to choose from. It can easily make one a nice salad and better than some of the tableside salads I've had at many restaurants. I

I ordered the eggplant parmagiana, it's one of my favorites. I was hoping. Unfortunately, I had to send it back, the eggplant was paper thin and it was basically like eating breading. The sauce was good, but having slices of mozzarella cheese is hard to cut, so I wish it would have had been shredded if ithe eggplant had been edible. Instead, I ended up ordering the ceviche instead of trying a 2nd eggplant parm, as my BF had already finished his meal and I wanted something that would be quick to make. There were a lot of other dishes I would have rathered tried but they would have taken a lot longer to get. I have to say, one of the owners was apologetic and appreciated that I spoke up and told her about it so they can make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Garlic roles, IMHO, needed more garlic.

I had no room to try the tiramisu, but another couple was there as we were going up to the salad bar, and they had ordered it and thought it was excellent.

I'll give it another try, for sure. It's brand new and the Andean menu side is very interesting, with many of the selections sounding delicious and intriguing. Since I haven't eaten any of these type dishes before it would be a matter of taste, as I don't know what a certain dish is suppose to taste like, as long as it's good, I'll be happy.

The resturant looks the same as when it was Flounder Bar & Grill, from what I remember.

The hours, call them, I think they are open for lunch Wed-Fri 11-2 , dinner and weekends I'm not sure.

The location theya re at isn't the best. That's a drawback that can't be changed. I think once they get the quirks out it may be one of those places that are a best kept secret. I hope they can meet the challenge. Best of luck to them!

Old 04-01-2017, 08:37 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times
The Beautiful Co. salon opening sometime soon on Green St across from Fluor Field.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Andino's Restaurant and Bar opened in Greer. Off WH, on Brookwood. Friend went and picked up food and brought it home. Thought it was very good, at least what she picked out, which was from the Andean side of the menu. Going to go try it (hopefully) this weekend. Will give my first hand opinion(s) after we go.

andinoonline.com - Home

Will have to check out their hours and days so you may want to verify that info. Seems they close from 2-5. Will try to find out more.

The menu sounds really good. Hoping for some good tiramisu!
Andino's has already expanded to Greenville?

Old 04-01-2017, 09:00 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
anybody ever been to Tipsy Taco on Pelham near the Publix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area