Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 10:58 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Target on Woodruff is getting a renovation in particular the grocery area. Starbucks is replacing the snack counter area. Their technology department was remodeled earlier this year.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:02 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Target on Woodruff is getting a renovation in particular the grocery area. Starbucks is replacing the snack counter area. Their technology department was remodeled earlier this year.
Wish they would expand to a SuperTarget.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:20 PM

557 posts, read 864,683 times
Greenville's Carolina Drive In moves to Rutherford Street

Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Wish they would expand to a SuperTarget.
Never going to happen. They tried to get land to expand and couldn't when they did the last remodel. They are no focused on more small format stores and less large stores.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:04 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Never going to happen. They tried to get land to expand and couldn't when they did the last remodel. They are no focused on more small format stores and less large stores.
the grocery/household goods market in the Upstate (esp Greenville) is very competitive - yes, I would prefer a Super Target on Woodruff - that specific Target is an incredibly busy store and a little run down (IMO) - Greenville needs a smaller Target location near/in DT - next to Publix at McBee Station in the old Staples location?

I recently used Amazon's Prime Pantry for the first time - competitive prices (esp with on-sale/coupon items) - and, of course, convenient - also, I refuse to pay PP's $6 delivery fee - I will always wait until I have a credit

Old 10-07-2017, 06:58 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Red Bowl coming soon sign on Beacon, off Pelham, across from Logans.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:10 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
the grocery/household goods market in the Upstate (esp Greenville) is very competitive - yes, I would prefer a Super Target on Woodruff - that specific Target is an incredibly busy store and a little run down (IMO) - Greenville needs a smaller Target location near/in DT - next to Publix at McBee Station in the old Staples location?

I recently used Amazon's Prime Pantry for the first time - competitive prices (esp with on-sale/coupon items) - and, of course, convenient - also, I refuse to pay PP's $6 delivery fee - I will always wait until I have a credit
Yeah I used to work that store years ago and it was really showing its age then and its just kept going down hill. Everything they do is just a bandaid fix to make it look better but honestly the company as a whole is going down hill and will be the next kmart in a few years. I'm just glad I saw the writing on the wall and got out before it tanked to the point its at now.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:53 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Yeah I used to work that store years ago and it was really showing its age then and its just kept going down hill. Everything they do is just a bandaid fix to make it look better but honestly the company as a whole is going down hill and will be the next kmart in a few years. I'm just glad I saw the writing on the wall and got out before it tanked to the point its at now.

Target's not going anywhere. No way it's close to being in the same shape as Kmart. When is the last time anyone saw an investment in a Sears Holding (Kmart) store.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default CDO Technology, 117-B Haywood Rd, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-3422.

Computer Direct Outlet, now CDO Technology, is relocating to 117-B Haywood Rd, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-3422, from its present location at 2382 Laurens Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-3247.

Further reading
"Computer Direct Outlet changes name, plans move to Haywood Road." Upstate Business Journal. 6 October 2017.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:27 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Over the weekend I had a very positive sales experience at local appliance, furniture, and electronics retailer Jeff Lynch. I was looking for a particular Samsung TV with a specific model number, and more specifically, a particular panel version number. I had looked at Best Buy, Conn's, Walmart, and Sears. I miss HHG as an option, but then I saw Jeff Lynch by accident when I was driving down Congaree and Roper Mountain roads. I decided to stop and check and to my very pleasant surprise they had the exact TV model I was looking for. All the other stores had the subcontracted AA01 panel, but Jeff Lynch had the actual Samsung FA02 panel that I was looking for, and I was able to purchase the Columbus Day sale price. The sales staff was very cordial and informative, without being overly aggressive. And it is a nice store with top tier TVs from Sony, Samsung, and LG. And they always honor the manufacturer's sale prices, which have universal price protection for all retailers. And sometimes they have very good sales of their own when allowed. I am always encouraged to support a strong local retailer, and they seem to be doing a very good job hanging in there against the national chains and big box stores. I encourage folks to check out this nice local store in addition to the national chain stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area