Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2015, 07:54 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone. Yes, I agree with Maila, what's the rush to box things up? If the kid wants it so bad, why doesn't he come HELP you, cyn? He doesn't live there, leave you be!

Hope your mowing went well today. It is a beautiful morning to mow. Going to get hotter and muggier as the week goes on though. Are you far away enough from neighbors so you can mow real early without waking anyone?

Happy Memorial Day to everyone.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
I was concerned about the noise of mowing at 7am but most people here are up and about at 5am so I don't think anyone noticed and we have many acres of pine trees between houses so that cuts down on any noise. I had to run to see my Therapist at 11am and still had half of the front yard to mow so when I got home I finished that--whew--it was hot by then! It takes me a good 6 hours and if it's going to be hot I do the earliest I can without being rude. I'd do it late in the afternoon but for some reason here it just get hotter as the day goes on here where as in CA it cooled off from the ocean breezes coming through the canyons I guess. So mornings will have to work. I had an emotional meeting with my therapist--I cried a lot. Just felt bad about the job and my son but she always has a way of making me feel stronger. I told her I felt like I leaped off that mountain and didn't get caught or fly---just fell. But then she said yes, but you got up and dusted yourself off! Got to love her!

Old 05-26-2015, 06:47 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
You are really lucky to have a good therapist Cyn.

Morning everyone. Its a beautiful day here.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 AM

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here. It's going to be a hot one, 85° with more humidity. It's 68° already. I miss living at the ocean, cyn. It doesn't cool off here either.

Glad you got your emotions out to the therapist and she made you feel better.

Have a wonderful day everybody.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:43 PM

I had to make a trip to the vets office to get my dog, BuBu some medication. The rash on his neck just is not clearing up with what I have been trying. My self-confidence is so low I just don't trust myself right now so I just have to pay....cost me $85.00 just for medications because I couldn't get the dog in the car. If it works that is fine--I will make it back! Just need to work a little harder. I miss the ocean too Tami---but it is what it is. I don't even think I'm going to Zumba tonight--to hot! Besides I need to get some things listed. I did list 5 more things this morning but I have the time so I may as well list some other things. I feel the need to just stay home and take care of things here right now. Looks like we could be getting some of those wicked storms tonight!! Least it will help to cool it off and water our yards! So dry here right now. Have a good day everyone!
Oh, and yes Maila, I love my therapist. She is a "keeper". I am blessed!

Old 05-27-2015, 04:52 AM

Not much sleep last night--wicked lightening and thunder storms--cats were freaking out so the night was long for us all. At least we did get some badly needed rain. Have a good day all!

Old 05-27-2015, 05:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
I hope your day goes good today CYN!!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:02 AM

Ugh, I can empathize with you and your cat's, cyn. I HATE storms like that. We sure could use some rain here though. Driest May since 1939. My lawn is hay now. I have done a personal water ban for watering outside. I don't care anymore how it looks to others. I'd rather drink the water myself.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:07 AM

I have no way to water the large area I have so it's the survival of the fittest! It's the driest here for about that long too! Sad...
I am trying to list many of those clothing items my DH had in the pantry for listing. Honestly listing clothes is the hardest for me and I have always tried to avoid it but they have to go somewhere and I may as well try to make a few dollars on them. Trouble is people always seem to find some kind of problem with clothes and have no problem marking you down! Oh well I can only do my best! Wish me luck!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:47 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,353 times
Hello Cyn and everyone!!! I hope you are doing well.

I don't mean to hog your forum here with my own thoughts but I do want to share with you Cyn my situation. I lost my husband, two dogs, two cats and father in less than three years. The first two years I felt I was on a monster roller coaster ride and as it was chugging up the steep hill I felt safe and when the ride descended downhill at high spends I felt scared and unsettled and frightened. I ended up seeing a counselor once a week for the last nine months. I often wondered would I ever feel normal? Normal being not experiencing high anxiety, depression, sadness and low energy. Over the last 2 1/2 years I had no friends to speak of but why would I being in this state of mind? I struggled in everything I did from trying to maintain finances to fixing up my neglected house. When would I feel happy and content I often pondered. I so much wanted to get on with my life and have friends and be busy and feel like my normal self instead of this disarray of emotions and sometimes being in a stupor but I still had to work through the grief and PTSD. I wasn't use to living on my own and I so much did not enjoy living by myself, something I felt I would never adjust to. For two years I seldom left my house. I felt so comfortable in my abode, safe and the thought of having to face the world intimidated me. So, here I am three years later. Guess what? Whoohoo, I feel like my old self. I have lots of friends and I am keeping as busy as I want to be. I am planning on traveling this summer to Pismo Beach for a week by myself. I will be making major changes in my life soon and I feel free and happy to be me. I had to go through the grief to get to the other side and I found I could not rush my grief. I did everything at my own pace. Cyn when I have read your posts from when your husband was ill to now, it was if I was reading about myself.
I want for you to know that one day you will feel like your old self but time does heal all wounds. You are right on track. One day you will reflect and say to yourself, "I have come along way, Baby!!!". I won't be stopping by everyday as I have over the last several years but I want for you to know that in time you will begin to feel like your old self and living life with purpose. Wishing you all joy and happiness and I will keep you all in my thoughts. Nameste, Deb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.