Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 06:56 AM

218 posts, read 207,875 times

Advertisements

Cyn, I think dust can be a problem - you can get inexpensive dust masks to wear. They have them at Walmart in the hand tool area, I think. They look what you see in a hospital. Good idea to using a vacuum with very little dust blow-by. And a good filter on your furnace if you use forced air. This is especially needed, I think with pets in the house. Remember, dust mites love dust, and a good filter vacuum picks up both.

I had an emergency nose bleed, ER type, a couple years ago, none since. I try to use a dust mask when mowing during dry summer periods, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to put it on. I have not had any recurrence of the nose bleed. Not sure what caused it, maybe dry air during heating season.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:09 AM

48,183 posts, read 22,028,673 times
Just wanted to let y'all know that I got an email today from my foster dog's owner......asking if we would be willing to adopt him. OF COURSE! This has been a very hard decision for her and I feel for her...........but it is obvious that her circumstances do not permit her to have a dog right now.

So "Baxter" is now a member of our family.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
Hooray for you and Baxter! A difficult but loving decision n the part of the owner. Makes me smile to know Baxter is now your dog!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 AM

Thanks cyn......we were hoping but were trying hard to remember we were fostering someone elses dog......now he is part of our family.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
UPS just stopped by and sure he had the wrong address I asked who the packages were for and he said my name! I was so surprised because I never order anything anymore. When my girlfriend was visiting from CA I told her I'd have to break down and get some new cool summer tops since my others were getting pretty sad. She remember and had 6 new summer blouses sent from JC Penny. They fit perfect and are just what I like! What a good friend she is and I am so blessed.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:20 AM

Great, "be a friend, get a friend" seem to be what's at work with you.

Happy Baxter is now with elston.

I did make it to the shelter, Lola was beside herself with joy. The new Pomeranian senior dog was already taken as a foster. I may have side, have pictures, he was darling and I expected him to be adopted soon. Well foster is often the first step to adoption, case with Jasper here an Baxter there.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Thanks Jerry. We are so happy with the way things have worked out with Baxter......I wish all the doggies and cats could find a forever home.

I have been lookng at pictures of mixed terriers on line and I think he is probably a wire hair fox terrier and a yorkie....not sure about the Yorkshire terrier part but there are pictures of that mix that look like him.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:59 PM

That's the best way to go, I think: for example, I used Youtube to look for Pomchi, my guess and the shelter's for Jasper. Now this is a first generation mix and the results are varied. Doing that I have found examples that look much like Jasper. I am satisfied that is his mix. Hum, I'll try later on Lola when I get more time. As you know, elston, Lola is my at-shelter foster. Happily I had a longer than usual discussion with a staff person and learned that Lola is very playful in her "play group", I recognized the names of two other dogs. Now I am relieved to know when I don't get there for a visit, Lola has other social activities. The staffer also has a lot of affection for the animals under her care. I don't know where she gets all the energy (the staffer).

Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 PM

Jerry...remember the song from Damn Yankees.....
"Whatever Lola wants.....Lola gets."

Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM

elston, yes I do and I had a grandmother named Lola, so the name is easy for me to remember, even at my advanced age.

Just home a short while from a bereavement session and dinner with friends. Jasper was along, staying with friends while I was at bereavement. Jasper is well loved at the friends and Jasper's small size is a fun change for them. They have two big dogs I have mentioned here before, and those dogs will be with me next weekend.

Both the bereavement session, very active an heart felt all around, and the dinner were uppers for this evening.

Now to bed, that's the challenge, getting a good night's rest. Good night and love to/for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning