Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 05:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Still no kitty. Heavy heart today. Even Bubba is depressed. When we went out for a walk this morning he went to that same place where we found a bit of fur.....keep praying!
I want to take a moment to thank all those men and women who have served for our country and especially those who died keeping us safe. Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I am sorry that little kitty hasnt come home. Being a feral cat is a hard life. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:21 AM

He started out feral elston and then started sleeping with Bubba when Bubba was out in his dog condo. They became fast friends...he was so sweet not a bit of feral left in him but I allowed him to remain outside because he loved it and loved hunting, keeping down the mice and rats from the nearby fields. I still keep watching.....
Thank you for your thoughts!

Old 05-29-2017, 10:03 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Ahhhhhhhh please give kitty a big hug and kiss for me CYN!!!

Meow!!

Old 05-29-2017, 11:40 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Oh, I am so sorry, cyn. I hate stuff like this - sounds like he had really become part of your family. Hopes and prayers going your way to get your kitty back.

Everyone enjoy your day - we're getting ready to travel west to the job site tomorrow. We're debating whether we should leave tonight and get to a hotel about 11:00PM - 12:00AM, or sleep here one more night and then drive over early tomorrow morning. Either way the site visit is soon. Tutor appt. is this afternoon - the career rebuilding project continues from the KC Metro here!

Hope you find him, cyn!

Old 05-29-2017, 11:43 AM

Can't hug and kiss my sweet kitty Dude--he is still gone...sigh! But thanks anyhow for the kind thoughts.
Be safe in your travels elko! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Old 05-29-2017, 12:35 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times
Aw Darn cyn I was so hoping for good news. One other thing I found with my ferals is if they are injured they will some times stay away. Unfortunately. Then coming back after they think they have escaped the dreaded trip to the vets. Yes she is a great vet and treats my ferals.
Still praying he will return to you soon.

Safe travels and hoping for good results from the job interview elkotronics. We always left early getting in late. than leaving too early in the morning. Especially when we had appointments.

I over slept this morning. OH well. then a new friend came to dig some plants from my yard. I am a bit over grown here. She took what she thought she could plant and will be back for more later.

Working on stripping a small night stand. What a gunky mess. Some one gooped up crackle paint all over it in horrible dark brown and gold. It is a slow process to remove the layers. I only need to get it to a point I can sand and smooth it because I always planned to paint it.

Beautiful day here. A little warm but quite breezy. Have a good one I am off to attack that paint again.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:43 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Be safe in your travels elko! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Thanks, cyn!

Safe travels and hoping for good results from the job interview elkotronics. We always left early getting in late. than leaving too early in the morning. Especially when we had appointments.

Thanks, shades_of_idaho. Where in Idaho is Midvale? We've lived in Pocatello, Kellogg and Coeur d'Alene, ID, before. I made the hotel reservation in Hays, which is 55 miles east of the job site. Meeting with Boss is at 3:00PM. We're getting the room around noon and I'm leaving my wife there with our Pom Pom and Akita Chow. Then I'll return after seeing the job site and we'll stay there tomorrow night.

Thanks for the well wishes, all! Sending prayers to you, cyn, for the safe return of your kitten.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:02 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,955 times

Thanks, shades_of_idaho. Where in Idaho is Midvale? We've lived in Pocatello, Kellogg and Coeur d'Alene, ID, before. I made the hotel reservation in Hays, which is 55 miles east of the job site. Meeting with Boss is at 3:00PM. We're getting the room around noon and I'm leaving my wife there with our Pom Pom and Akita Chow. Then I'll return after seeing the job site and we'll stay there tomorrow night.

Thanks for the well wishes, all! Sending prayers to you, cyn, for the safe return of your kitten. [/quote]

Midvale is on the west border about 20 miles from Oregon. About half way up the state. I call it the nose on the map. not much here. 10 miles up the highway to Cambridge is highway 71 and it goes down to Hells Canyon. A pretty famous place i guess.

We used to live on the other side of Idaho in Clayton and Challis and Pocatello was one of our favorite and only shopping places.First time I had ever heard of a Shopko. A long drive from where we lived but we could make the rip in one day and back. Once in awhile we stayed over night. the weather is better over here. More snow in the winters but the cold usually is not at brutal It was last year with many days/night in the 20 bellow range. UGH

Old 05-29-2017, 02:33 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Aw Darn cyn I was so hoping for good news. One other thing I found with my ferals is if they are injured they will some times stay away. Unfortunately. Then coming back after they think they have escaped the dreaded trip to the vets. Yes she is a great vet and treats my ferals.
Still praying he will return to you soon.

I over slept this morning. OH well. then a new friend came to dig some plants from my yard. I am a bit over grown here. She took what she thought she could plant and will be back for more later.

Working on stripping a small night stand. What a gunky mess. Some one gooped up crackle paint all over it in horrible dark brown and gold. It is a slow process to remove the layers. I only need to get it to a point I can sand and smooth it because I always planned to paint it.

Beautiful day here. A little warm but quite breezy. Have a good one I am off to attack that paint again.
I love your projects "shades of idaho"....the purple chandelier and re claiming the night stand. You sound like a very creative person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.