Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 05:03 PM

39 posts, read 37,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I have to add that tonight I went to the mini-Mart and the guy next door to that, who owns an auto repair shop, was in & I asked what he'd charge to look at my car because the low tire light comes on.

I explained that I had to go to the city, 200 miles away, to pick up my son's ashes.

Well, it's a small town & he's not going to charge me for checking it out & will be able to fix it if it's just a sensor.

It was so hard though, to explain why the car had to be in good running order. It's still hard to say he's gone.

It must cut like a knife in your heart when you say those words, and then a long and lonely journey to pick up your son's ashes. Wishing you peace in your heart with time, and blessings always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 05:15 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Pepys View Post
It must cut like a knife in your heart when you say those words, and then a long and lonely journey to pick up your son's ashes. Wishing you peace in your heart with time, and blessings always.
My brother will go with me, when we go. Waiting for a decent forecast. My auto person checked each tire & 2 are weather, can't remember, but they can have slow leaks. He's going to check it Sunday to make sure they hold the air, but I may need new tires.

Gee, I need this.

But yes, Sam, it is hard to say. I'm a private person but, it's only been a couple weeks( Jan 11) & I can't help tearing up when I talk about him.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:17 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I've avoided this forum for awhile... because it makes me sad....
Sorry for your loss, CptnRn. It's been nearly 20 years since I lost my wife. It gets easier as time goes by, but you never get completely over it. At least I haven't. And I mostly avoid this forum for the same reason. I can talk about her (and things we did together) without getting sad, but I still have a little problem on this forum. And with her little sis. She wants to chat on-line with me, exchange emails, etc. It just bothers me. I've mostly put her off for years. I think it's because little sis is the spitting image of my late wife and talks/writes/acts just like she did.

Quote:
... it's only been a couple weeks( Jan 11) & I can't help tearing up when I talk about him.
Sincere condolences to you. That's still a very short time. I remember it was a big deal when I made it through a whole day without (privately) crying. Seems like it took forever. Then I got through two days. Then three. Then a month.... It gets easier to deal with, and in time your thoughts about him will mostly bring a smile to your face instead of tears to your eyes.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:29 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
I don't think any of us thought differently. My son has only been gone 17 day and the pain is still new. I'm glad this forum is here but I'm sure I will move on in time also.
I'm sorry for your loss, it must be especially painful to loose a child, after all they are supposed to out live us.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:41 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Sorry for your loss, CptnRn. It's been nearly 20 years since I lost my wife. It gets easier as time goes by, but you never get completely over it. At least I haven't. And I mostly avoid this forum for the same reason. I can talk about her (and things we did together) without getting sad, but I still have a little problem on this forum. And with her little sis. She wants to chat on-line with me, exchange emails, etc. It just bothers me. I've mostly put her off for years. I think it's because little sis is the spitting image of my late wife and talks/writes/acts just like she did.

Sincere condolences to you. That's still a very short time. I remember it was a big deal when I made it through a whole day without (privately) crying. Seems like it took forever. Then I got through two days. Then three. Then a month.... It gets easier to deal with, and in time your thoughts about him will mostly bring a smile to your face instead of tears to your eyes.
I understand, I'm sorry for your loss as well. I have a hard time talking to my wife's sister without getting choked up. It is gradually getting a little easier, but I'm surprised sometimes when something will make me think of her and I'm suddenly overwhelmed with grief. Fortunately those occurrences are happening less often.

Peace

Old 02-02-2016, 12:46 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Meo I'm so sorry that you are going through this , the loss of your precious child . I had a friend who lost her 5 yr old many years ago and it was how he died that was so tragic . The friend was his mother and she was behind the wheel she thought he had gone inside and no she actually ran him over backing out of her drive way . It was tragic yes and to this day she still has much guilt of what might have been since he had brothers and sisters older than him .I gave her a piece of advice that was given to me " the hardest thing you will ever have to do is walk out of that cemetery and leave him behind " Now the hardest thing you will ever have to do is leave that funeral home and drive home and set that urn (your son s ashes ) on the mantel or wherever you are placing it . I know that your mind understands it but I'm sure your heart needs a lot of explaining . I will leave you with that and my condolences on your loss of your dear precious loved one .

Last edited by phonelady61; 02-02-2016 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-03-2016, 01:24 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
I understand, I'm sorry for your loss as well. I have a hard time talking to my wife's sister without getting choked up. It is gradually getting a little easier, but I'm surprised sometimes when something will make me think of her and I'm suddenly overwhelmed with grief. Fortunately those occurrences are happening less often.

But keep in mind that getting choked up is nothing to be ashamed of, and your wife's sister is probably warmed by your emotion, and shares that with you.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:58 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
I've avoided this forum for awhile... because it makes me sad...

But this is the place to share such sadness. It is good that we have places like this.

It is 3am and I just woke up in my recliner, I had been watching recordings on the DVD. I fell asleep I guess some hours ago. I dreamed, i guess, I was in a warm and happy place, I heard family and friends chatting and my wife chuckling about something... such a wonderful happy sound...and I called out her name as I was waking...

But even as I was waking and calling out her name.... I knew she would not reply... I knew she was gone.

I woke again to an empty house.

And so I come here to share this sadness, because I know you will understand.
And for some reason I feel like it does me some good to share this.
Knowing that some of you are experiencing similar things.
It is somehow good to know that I'm not alone in this.
You are not alone.
And you are not alone either. I lost my son recently. I came on here now because I am grieving. But I have to go as it is too painful to be here.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:51 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
And you are not alone either. I lost my son recently. I came on here now because I am grieving. But I have to go as it is too painful to be here.
So sorry about your loss. I completely agree that what may be comforting to one person may be unhelpful or negative to another. We are all different. Participating in a forum is not for everyone. If it helps in some way, that is a good thing. But there are many ways to grieve, many ways to find peace and to heal.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:17 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,298,150 times
Oh, 303, I am with you. But where else can we grieve openly for our loss? I go between hiding and lamenting for my son. Wishing for so much that will not ever be.

I am so thankful you are all here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning