Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 02:23 PM

4,365 posts, read 4,572,379 times

Advertisements

An old friend lost a loved one. There will be no open ceremony. I would like to have flowers or a gift basket delivered to his home.
However, I’m concerned that he may not be home, or could be asleep, when the gift arrives. Does the delivery person just leave the gift on the porch? Do they make a second attempt at another time? I’m afraid of not only the gift possibly being stolen, but also it “going bad” in warm weather. How can this be avoided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 06:05 AM

2,146 posts, read 3,066,296 times
This can’t be an uncommon concern. Call the businesses you’re thinking of using and ask them how they handle it.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
I agree - different businesses do deliveries different ways.

Also, many companies can give you a window of time on a particular day that they will deliver items so ask for that as well.

Good luck!

Old 09-24-2020, 09:28 PM

32,960 posts, read 36,433,125 times
Many years ago I delivered flowers for or on Valentines Day. Two days. I got very explicit information about deliveries.

When I've sent flowers to someone far away, I call their local florist.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:00 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,417,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Many years ago I delivered flowers for or on Valentines Day. Two days. I got very explicit information about deliveries.

When I've sent flowers to someone far away, I call their local florist.
Me too! I don't trust FTD, where you have no idea which florist is fulfilling the order and they have no incentive to use their freshest or best flowers. I say this after having gotten flowers from afar that were half-dead. Of course, the florists figure you're not going to call the sender and complain. But I did call the florist and complain! (They sent another one.)

Anyway, I just a few weeks ago ordered flowers for a friend in NJ who was quarantined because of Covid. Wanted her to have something pretty to look at. I asked my cousin, who lives in the same resort town, for a recommendation. Told me that so-and-so was the best florist on the island. I called them directly rather than order online, and I picked the $100 "Deluxe" version of a bouquet pictured on their site called Sangria Nights. Supposedly the Deluxe meant more flowers, not size of bouquet. My friend was super-excited and emotional when she got them. However, she sent me a pic and it definitely is not as pretty or even have the same flowers as the website photo. I know flowers are seasonal and there's no guarantee it'll match exactly, but still. I don't know how you get around this problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning