Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:04 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,039 times

Advertisements

Because I never had someone special in my life and I can't live without that person.... it's too hard...life has no meaning...

I am surrounded by people who don't get me and bring me pain and I don't want to be around them because it's too hard. But when I am alone, I die from loneliness... it seems there is no way out... life is just too hard... I mourn all of us, trapped in here...

Old 04-25-2015, 11:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 8,636,952 times
You seem very depressed. Please seek help before you harm yourself: (800) 273-8255.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:13 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
I'm sorry LoveWisdom for what you are going through right now. It does sound like you are at a very low point in your life and I do hope that improves for you.

I definitely "get" some of what you are saying, especially after taking a look at your blog. I was impressed with what I read and think that many of your spiritual ideas are very advanced. I share many of them, perhaps all of them, I did not study them that long. But I agree with so much of what I read that I think this is part of the reason many people don't get you. You are obviously a deeper thinker and a more spiritual person than the majority of people you will encounter in life. As a result many people won't know what to think of you, since so many of your ideas are outside of what they are familiar with and outside of their comfort zone.

I have experienced that on occasion myself during my lifetime. But there are other people out in the world who will get you and will appreciate you. The difficulty is finding them. I remember years ago feeling the loneliness of our human condition and the yearning to find another person to share my life with. I was blessed back then to find the women who became my wife, who I was fortunate to have been able to share 39 years of living with her. But she passed away last year and now I'm back to feeling that loneliness and yearning again.

I read a few of your other posts, just enough to learn that you have a daughter and were married at one time, has that changed? I'm trying to understand why you are feeling so lonely now.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:49 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
... I think this is part of the reason many people don't get you. You are obviously a deeper thinker and a more spiritual person than the majority of people you will encounter in life. As a result many people won't know what to think of you, since so many of your ideas are outside of what they are familiar with and outside of their comfort zone.
Sorry, but no. The OP is not a special snowflake. He/she is not so deep that other people can't understand. It doesn't work that way.

OP, I'm sorry you are so upset. Find your answers in your "spirituality" or seek therapy. Life does have meaning that you get to define for yourself.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:12 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
I suggest reading in and if applicable posting in this forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/mental-health/

Old 04-26-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Sorry, but no. The OP is not a special snowflake. He/she is not so deep that other people can't understand. It doesn't work that way.

OP, I'm sorry you are so upset. Find your answers in your "spirituality" or seek therapy. Life does have meaning that you get to define for yourself.
Here is something you don't know. You've read my words, and this interaction with my words caused a discomfort in your brain. And as quickly as possible you tried to remove the discomfort from yourself by saying negative sharp remarks on my behalf. Which causes me more pain. Which relieves your discomfort for you. But couldn't you bear the discomfort for a few minutes and not cause me more pain by judgment and negative words? Don't worry, you'll forget this conversation soon and your discomfort will pass away soon enough. You don't have to reduce it by accusing me of something. Bear it for just a few minutes, for my sake. I have to live with pain. You only have to bear the discomfort for a few minutes.

It's better for us when you don't say anything than when you say something negative. Why add more pain to us? Don't we have enough already?

People say: go fix yourself. And why? Because they empathize with a problem, that causes them pain, they try to reduce their pain by shifting responsibility to another person by saying "go fix yourself" and they think that their responsibility is now over (as though they did something useful) and they stop feeling the pain. BUT that just created pain for that person they were trying to help in the first place. It would have been better for that person if they never said anything.
And this happens all the time and people don't see it. They keep hurting each other, but don't see it. I just happened to be too sensitive to notice all that. And when you're aware, it's harder.

There is no fix for my problem in this world as of yet. It wasn't invented yet. There is no mental therapy that could help. When people say: get help, this is all a coop out. A way to help yourself to feel better by making yourself believe that help it out there. But the sad reality is that there isn't. There are no answers to my problems in spirituality. And not in mental therapy either. Our people only give people pills which make them feel miserable and they think that they did their part and feel good about it. But that doesn't really help the people.

So, sorry, you can't make yourself feel better by saying "go fix yourself". You have to keep feeling our pain (if only for a few minutes while you still remember this conversation), because for us, it continues...

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 04-26-2015 at 08:49 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I suggest reading in and if applicable posting in this forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/mental-health/
I know you mean well, but hearing about a bunch of people with all kinds of problems and no real solutions somehow does not help...

Old 04-26-2015, 09:30 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
How long have you been mourning?

Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Here is something you don't know. You've read my words, and this interaction with my words caused a discomfort in your brain. And as quickly as possible you tried to remove the discomfort from yourself by saying negative sharp remarks on my behalf. Which causes me more pain. Which relieves your discomfort for you. But couldn't you bear the discomfort for a few minutes and not cause me more pain by judgment and negative words? Don't worry, you'll forget this conversation soon and your discomfort will pass away soon enough. You don't have to reduce it by accusing me of something. Bear it for just a few minutes, for my sake. I have to live with pain. You only have to bear the discomfort for a few minutes.

It's better for us when you don't say anything than when you say something negative. Why add more pain to us? Don't we have enough already?
1. Your words did not cause me any discomfort. If anything, it stirred human compassion. I could have ignored your post, put I chose to try to help you.
2. If you read my post, nothing in that post is negative, mean or hurtful. My personal belief is that NONE of US are special snowflakes. Not me and not you. The human experience is universal. We can all understand and help each other.

OP, what is it you want from C-D? Do you want us to help you wallow in your pain or do you want us to try to pull you out of your funk? You don't have to believe me, but truth is living with pain is a choice. You can be free of your pain.

Consider this book: Healing is A Choice

Old 04-26-2015, 02:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times
LoveWisdom, who is "us" you keep referring to? This is not a singular, personal problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning