Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I agree with you, guns are like cars....some like ford some don't....

So your saying, it's my guns design and structure that I had FTF or FTE? No, I said it was because the steel casing wolf ammo...since I stopped using that ammo....not a single FTF or FTE....

If you like Hi Points, have at it, and I'll take that bet on the firing line by the way. I do like a good matchup on a challenge. Name your course of fire, and I'll be sorely tempted to grab my 66, but I better use the ACP so as to keep the field comparable.

I never said it could do that....I said not any further than the furthest distance in my house....

It won't be any course, it will be at any standard range..with targets about 10 - 20 steps....thats it....you shoot 20 rounds and I shoot 20 rounds at a 8 inch paper plate, when done....I know I will have 20 rounds in the paper plate...everytime, with no malfunction... you spent several hundred$$, I spent $140 out the door....and accomplished the EXACT same thing.....

I'll even go 1 further, 5,000 rounds out of your pistol of choice, and 5,000 round's out of my Hi-Point....no cleaning, just shooting all 5,000 rounds....
LMAO, as I said, ain't the shooting community a lively place. Ifn I had 5000 rounds of anything loaded up and burning a hole in my safe right now, I'm thinkin' regardless of outcome much fun could be had here and the smack talk on the line would make getting through the run tough. Hard to shoot when yer doubled over laughin'. Methinks the purposes for which you and I look to our handguns for precludes reaching an agreement here, however, realizing that purposes and expectations vary IS an agreement of sorts. Admitedly, I certainly have much more invested in my handguns than you spent on your Hi Point. Thousands, not hundreds, but, as I mentioned, my expectations are different and my purpose as well. I don't just want my rounds simply on the target, I want them through the same hole, or as close as I can get anyway. (sigh) in many years spent in this pursuit, such groups have been elusive, but I finally got them after much trial and error.Had a ball gettin' there too. oh, the BS excuses I found myself spewing when I failed to accomplish a particular goal. Being far older and wiser now, when I get spanked on the line or splatter rounds everywhere but where I aims, I now blame only myself and not my equipment, thus saving face with my peers. Even if the weapon does not function as needed, well, it's still my fault for not attending to a given problem.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:00 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, as I said, ain't the shooting community a lively place. Ifn I had 5000 rounds of anything loaded up and burning a hole in my safe right now, I'm thinkin' regardless of outcome much fun could be had here and the smack talk on the line would make getting through the run tough. Hard to shoot when yer doubled over laughin'. Methinks the purposes for which you and I look to our handguns for precludes reaching an agreement here, however, realizing that purposes and expectations vary IS an agreement of sorts. Admitedly, I certainly have much more invested in my handguns than you spent on your Hi Point. Thousands, not hundreds, but, as I mentioned, my expectations are different and my purpose as well. I don't just want my rounds simply on the target, I want them through the same hole, or as close as I can get anyway. (sigh) in many years spent in this pursuit, such groups have been elusive, but I finally got them after much trial and error.Had a ball gettin' there too. oh, the BS excuses I found myself spewing when I failed to accomplish a particular goal. Being far older and wiser now, when I get spanked on the line or splatter rounds everywhere but where I aims, I now blame only myself and not my equipment, thus saving face with my peers. Even if the weapon does not function as needed, well, it's still my fault for not attending to a given problem.
Yep, this could go on and on.....

I also love to learn how other people think and their responses...

However, I think you think that is the only pistol I have? No, I won't spend thousands because as you said, you have a different use for yours.....

But, I really do like my Browning Hi-Power....I also Like my F.E.G. Hungarian made 9mm......Not to mention, the Ruger 22/45....

BTW, the reason I said 5,000 rounds is because Hi-point recommends that cleaning interval....

Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Yep, this could go on and on.....

I also love to learn how other people think and their responses...

However, I think you think that is the only pistol I have? No, I won't spend thousands because as you said, you have a different use for yours.....

But, I really do like my Browning Hi-Power....I also Like my F.E.G. Hungarian made 9mm......Not to mention, the Ruger 22/45....

BTW, the reason I said 5,000 rounds is because Hi-point recommends that cleaning interval....
I.have a 22 45 too...don't use it much tho its a good shooter. I look to my P22.for control of feral cats frequent like and its the only tupperware I own at the momentso that speaks volumes ifn you know my history. At any rate...gotta bounce. Me has a date with a precision AR and some pesky canide vernon on the north 40. Good day and good shooting....

Old 06-18-2011, 04:39 PM

385 posts, read 858,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO "don't like Hi point"...I don't blame you. I have not seen one yet, despite what some may say, I would consider worthy as a true defensive weapon I would be willing to stake my life on.
I do, every day, stake my life on it that is, it's a high point 40 cal. rifle w/ extened mag., 180 Gr. hollow points, also use a .40 cal. S&W pistol, same ammo.
I don't have any complaints.

Last edited by dragonsong; 06-18-2011 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
I bought two hi points because I didn't know about the 9mm and 45 calibers. I am a 44 mag/special fan of almost three decades. I wanted to see mainly if I was missing out on something.
I can throw a quart peach can on the ground about twenty feet in front of me at the range and walk it bullet for bounce out to over the 40 yard mark then its about two shots for one bounce out to over the 70 yard mark. I feel these are good guns especially for the money. I have put over 600 rounds in each gun as fast as I can reload the clips and never had a misfire. I have did this 4 times and only had one misfire in the 45 and I think it was the primer no the gun. I put the bullet in my 1911 and it still didn't fire.
My brother has a high point 9mm rifle and has a blast with it, he said he has had no problems with it except keeping ammo in it! He is one of those "shoot'im fast" boys.
I have recommended them to many people and only had one person say they had problems with their pistol (ejection). He sent it back to high point and they worked on it and since he got it back he is another proud owner of one. We shoot once or twice a month together.
I am creeping up on the 10,000 round mark with both weapons and have never thought I got a bad product.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I bought two hi points because I didn't know about the 9mm and 45 calibers. I am a 44 mag/special fan of almost three decades. I wanted to see mainly if I was missing out on something.
I can throw a quart peach can on the ground about twenty feet in front of me at the range and walk it bullet for bounce out to over the 40 yard mark then its about two shots for one bounce out to over the 70 yard mark. I feel these are good guns especially for the money. I have put over 600 rounds in each gun as fast as I can reload the clips and never had a misfire. I have did this 4 times and only had one misfire in the 45 and I think it was the primer no the gun. I put the bullet in my 1911 and it still didn't fire.
My brother has a high point 9mm rifle and has a blast with it, he said he has had no problems with it except keeping ammo in it! He is one of those "shoot'im fast" boys.
I have recommended them to many people and only had one person say they had problems with their pistol (ejection). He sent it back to high point and they worked on it and since he got it back he is another proud owner of one. We shoot once or twice a month together.
I am creeping up on the 10,000 round mark with both weapons and have never thought I got a bad product.
I agree with you 100%, however, since the pistol does not cost $500+ bucks, it will be hard for get your point across....it's a $140 P.O.S....just because of the price.......

Even after the video's I posted.....they will still not believe a descent gun can be made or bought for that price...

Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,315 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%, however, since the pistol does not cost $500+ bucks, it will be hard for get your point across....it's a $140 P.O.S....just because of the price.......

Even after the video's I posted.....they will still not believe a descent gun can be made or bought for that price...
YUP

My nephew got a brand new Taurus 24/7 9 mm thesame day I got my c9 He fire THREE rounds and the mag release spring broke. He had to send it back to Taurus for repeirs [took em 3 months] I had over 3K thru mine when mine broke I called HP and they sent me the whole kit [for free] with directions and in 10 MINUTES had it replaced.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
Me either buddy. 10,000 is 10 cases of ammo. That's a lot of clanking and banging for soup can parts assembled by drunkin' monkeys!
Maybe But I've had mine for years, just passed the 7K mark with it [yes it was sent back to the factory at 5k and completely rebuilt and checked oer only because I asked them too and the owner wanted to also.] I've only had 1 problem and that was the mag release spring fail I got the kit in 3 days and 10 minutes work all was normal. I have used it for a couple of years as an armed security guard and had to qualify monthly to keep my site.[ I did EVERY month] I'll use my "Soup can" anyday

Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 PM

So, let me ask all you Kimber owners...and other hi-priced pistol owners....

Can you shoot hollow points straight out of the box? I mean, clean the gun and go straight to the range and shoot hollow points?

Quote:
This sounds like it might not be broken in. I'd make sure you have at least 500 rounds through it before changing out parts. I've got one of those aluminum frame Kimbers that loves Hydroshocks. Of course, it didn't until about 450 rounds.
Quote:
Could be the mags need new springs. There are maybe 10 plus things that could be happening. Tough to say for sure. I took a shot at a few of the obvious one.

You may just have to experiment changing one thing at a time. That gets expensive with HP ammo at todays prices.

Good luck, Doc.
Quote:
Even though you're only using Wilson mags at this time, I would suggest you invest in one KimProTac and one Tripp Cobra. Try them with your JHP's to see what'll happen. You may be very surprised.
Now, what I will say is you can find many more quote's that they are good...But my point is...even Kimber has problems...

And yes, I still have my Hi-Point and love it...hollow points and all...it will shoot any .40 cal bullet I put in the barrel...

Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
The one think about a Hi Point that many of us has overlooked. If you couldn't hit an assailant with a bullet, you could throw the gun at him and likely cause some damage. That gun is the closest thing I have seen that is like a club, but is still actually a gun. One of our pawn shops has one right now with a $99 price tag and the owner said he would feel whoever buys it is getting cheated at $99.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting