Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Check'em out boys!!!!! On the top is a Ruger MKIII Standard model, 5 1/2 in. barrel { which I mght add that they DO NOT make anymore in that exact style, or at least the two dealers I talked to were unable to find one } I got it used for a princely sum of $225. Funny story actually. That gun was my uncles which he offered to sell to me for $200. I had to go to work and didn't give him an answer right away, and when I got back it was already gone..... sold to the Local gun dealer. Well, I pestered the guy until he finaly sold it back to me. He was going to keep it, and I kinda felt bad about it, but I gave him plenty of opportunity to back out of it so, my gain

While I was in the shop, I seen the Ruger SR22. I had seen the gun before and really didn't think I'd be interested because I'm not crazy about the look. Anyway, I had him take it out of the case and as soon as I held it in my hand, pointed and aimed it, I fell in love with it. Still not real crazy about the look/style, but it is a VERY comfortable, light/medium wieght, easy to aim gun. The sights are GREAT.... three dot sights. Real easy to see and hold on target. From my other thread you will know that I was considering the SIG 1911-22 and I bought this gun instead. Reason being, I was plinking around with my chiappa and just decided I didn't care for the 1911 style as much as I did in the beginning { } For me it's just too heavy a gun and too bulky. This SR22 is both compact and lightweight, and thats what I like in a handgun. To each their own I guess. Not to mention the more I show it, the less and less likely it seems I'm going to be able to off-load this chiappa of mine, so I still have that to practice with. The only thing I'm worried about with this SR is it's short barrel. One little twitch, breath a little too heavily, and it'll be off target. I've run about forty rounds through it now, and so far, it's a pleasure to shoot. Not one FTF or FTE thus far, and thats with Rem. Golden bullets.

And with these two purchases my fellow City-Data shooters, I AM DONE with purchasing semi-auto .22 handguns. I already had several but this time I'm hanging it up. I only have about three more guns that I want to complete my gun collection entirely, and the way things are going in the world, I might not even be able to ever get them by the time I'll be able to afford one.
Attached Thumbnails
Say Hello To The TWO Newest Members Of My Gun Family.............-dscn0104.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 06:05 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Awesome!!! Very nice choices!!

Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Does anyone else have any experience with the SR22?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Nice, Whippersnapper. Congratulations on your purchases!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Nice, Whippersnapper. Congratulations on your purchases!
Thank you!!! I figured you couldn't go wrong with Ruger.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thank you!!! I figured you couldn't go wrong with Ruger.
Definitely not!

Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
I had a Ruger MK 32 years ago, I liked it but mt father stole/traded me out of it.

The SR22 Tell us how it shoots after a few boxes.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
The SR22 Tell us how it shoots after a few boxes.
Will do..... They say the SR22 will shoot any kind of 22lr ammo you put through it flawlesly..... Next time I get paid { cuz this purchase shorted me for the month } I'm gonna pick up some bulk Rem. Thunderbolts/ cyclones and see how it does.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM

43 posts, read 48,441 times
I have the same Ruger SS mk2 I got it at a gun show for 200, a great buy. I also have the gun that Ruger copied that 22 off of, the Walther P22 LOL. I put a Suppressor on my Walther and can shoot pop cans in the back yard while talking to the neighbor and no one knows.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Couple of good buys, but one can never have too many .22 pistols and revolvers. So I wouldn't swear any bloody oaths not to buy more.

You ought to think about at least a cheap safe already, to keep them in when you are not home. Don't be dumb like I was in my mis-spent youth and wait till you are burgled once before you buy a safe.

Not that I would encourage getting a cheap safe, best get a full-scale good one, but if you can't swing that right now, a Wally World special that depends on being lagged to the wall behind it is considerably better than nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting