Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WLD View Post
Chinese aren't "better" mags dude. Russian or German are......
Your entitled to your WRONG opinion, dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 PM

54 posts, read 78,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Your entitled to your WRONG opinion, dude.
Well, you would KNOW Yugos are the ONLY ones to have a last round bolt catch hold open then...ho hum....lol

Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well, you would KNOW Yugos are the ONLY ones to have a last round bolt catch hold open then...ho hum....lol
I just bought one today at a pawn shop for 10 bucks along with a Romey. I don't like it. But for 10 bucks I picked it up. Since its just part of the follower, I don't see what it does. The bolt slams shut when you pull the mag. If you don't modify your safety to catch it its really worthless.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I just bought one today at a pawn shop for 10 bucks along with a Romey. I don't like it. But for 10 bucks I picked it up.
That's funny you should mention Romys. What A Country has bulk packs 20+ or more of like new for around that from time to time. They fit and function perfectly as do most all steel mil-spec mags. The Yugo M70 AK underfolder and Romy G are two of the most sought after AKs in the States. Only rivaled by the milled receiver Poly Tech Legends from the 1980s.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
That's funny you should mention Romys. What A Country has bulk packs 20+ or more of like new for around that from time to time. They fit and function perfectly as do most all steel mil-spec mags. The Yugo M70 AK underfolder and Romy G are two of the most sought after AKs in the States. Only rivaled by the milled receiver Poly Tech Legends from the 1980s.
Any Chicom AK will cost more than your AKs. Polytech or Norinco. As far as mags go AK shooters will pay the long dollar for a Triangle /66\ marked AK mag.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Any Chicom AK will cost more than your AKs. Polytech or Norinco. As far as mags go AK shooters will pay the long dollar for a Triangle /66\ marked AK mag.
I own all three, so I know what they can or cannot do. I own more Romy G (Romanian National Guard 1979-1981) than any other....(12) to be exact. Straight from the Romanian National Guard arsenal. I also own a Polish Tantal AK74 in 5.45x39mm. Next to the all steel Polish mags, the German Bakelite mags are the best. Poly Tech and Norinco ain't nothin' special.....but a historical cult followed icon.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Arguably the Egyptian Maadi AKs will lay the smack down on them too.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
I own all three, so I know what they can or cannot do. I own more Romy G (Romanian National Guard 1979-1981) than any other....(12) to be exact. Straight from the Romanian National Guard arsenal. I also own a Polish Tantal AK74 in 5.45x39mm. Next to the all steel Polish mags, the German Bakelite mags are the best. Poly Tech and Norinco ain't nothin' special.....but a historical cult followed icon.
I like them because of the history of them. The only ones I like better are the Russian mags for the same reason. Most steel mags made in the com blocks are excellent mags and work day in and out. My big thing is I will not pay more than 15 bucks for them. Thats why I bought the 10 mags from SGammo. They are com block Chinese and under 15. I used to not pay more than 6 then sold a bunch thinking they would stay cheap. Never the case. I figure for 2 aks 20 mags is enough along with 2 drums. I will wait a bit for the AR drums to come down and pick on up and that should do me. If I ever see the poly ones come back down to 3 bucks like they were a year or so ago I may pick up a case or two for the next hoopla.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:39 PM

I just got my shipment of AK mags. 10 mags from SGAmmo. I know some have complained about SG and said they have gotten bad mags, mags that look abused ect. But my shipment looks like they are new never used. I don't know if because they pulled their ad as they sort them out, and really checked my order or not but they are absolutely as new. I did not get any marks like the /66\ but hey I never paid much less than 6 bucks a mag back in the day and that was about 20 years ago. I think even before the run on guns I could not sell or buy one for much less than 12 bucks. Forget about last March or Feb. If you could find one it would set you back some 75 bucks or more. Very happy with the deal and I just got in under the wire, I think sam said that he was going to sort them out and charge more for the ones like I got and less than 14.95 for the ones with rust and pitting. Since I am not a collector and just want them for any possible ban that is coming in future they work well for me.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times
Quote:
As far as mags go AK shooters will pay the long dollar for a Triangle /66\ marked AK mag.
Thats more about collecting than anything else.

People take collecting AKs and AK mags seriously. I personally own AK drums and Mags from all over including Chinese, Russian, Bosnia, Rommy, etc. All I can say, as a collector, you want see me using these as range mags. I may load them up if ET decides to visit Earth with an attitude but otherwise, I stick to my Eastern bloc, Rommy mags, and Chinese drums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting