Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 07:50 AM

156 posts, read 163,023 times

Advertisements

The Rohrbaugh R9s is one of those cult guns that most people have enough sense to say 1500 to 2000 dollars for a pint sized gun that although may be built well is not even close to being worth that kind of money, there are some who will say I touched it and my tumor went away. Cult guns are guns that people are follow and are devoted to and could blow up in their hands and they would defend the company and gun design as being brought down from the mountain by Moses. Glock owners fall into this category. Don't get me wrong I like Glocks own 2 of them. Great guns but are they far and away superior to many other guns? Nope, not even close. Just like people who will pay 4k and up for a Colt Python will say after shooting it their cholesterol went down by 10 points. Again don't get me wrong I love the old Pythons but they are not worth 4k. Not even close. But gun people are known to be emotional over their views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 08:23 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I AM "NOT" EMOTIONAL !
Ok well may be a little.
It's not the price that makes a gun worth any thing.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
just about any firearm will cure the cancer of crime. as long as the firearm is used properly.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:20 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Most of my guns harvest wild critters free from hormones, medicines and other nasties- so yes- my guns may prevent cancer.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
The Rohrbaugh R9s is one of those cult guns that most people have enough sense to say 1500 to 2000 dollars for a pint sized gun that although may be built well is not even close to being worth that kind of money, there are some who will say I touched it and my tumor went away. Cult guns are guns that people are follow and are devoted to and could blow up in their hands and they would defend the company and gun design as being brought down from the mountain by Moses. Glock owners fall into this category. Don't get me wrong I like Glocks own 2 of them. Great guns but are they far and away superior to many other guns? Nope, not even close. Just like people who will pay 4k and up for a Colt Python will say after shooting it their cholesterol went down by 10 points. Again don't get me wrong I love the old Pythons but they are not worth 4k. Not even close. But gun people are known to be emotional over their views.
You left out the 1911. The death ray for some. Able to,stop, elephants, bring down errant missiles and stop professional NFL offensive linemen merely by waving it at them....by the way, I sold a 4" blue python in 1981 for $250.00. Who knew?

However, I still own the poor mans python, the colt trooper MK V. 4 inch blued. Beautiful gun. Have had it since 1982.... Paid $267.00 plus tax for it new and has 80 rounds through it. Never sell this one though. Won't make that mistake twice.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:21 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigger4u View Post
That's because it was the only 9mm of its size that was remotely durable enough to actually shot enough to get comfortable with in its day. That time has come and gone for the most part.

Glocks are by and large reliable and durable tools that are easily maintained. OF course they are going to be popular. They are the Honda Accord of the gun world. They work, work well, and keep on ticking, by and large. I don't think anyone will say much different who is a fan of them. I have not encountered anyone who viewed them as more than a reliable $4-600 option.

The Python...smooth revolver. Very nice.

I think cult guns would be things like the 1911...proven inferior in nearly every way...yet people still cling to them as more than artwork or relics. The Glock, Python, etc. are all legitimately useful tools within their scope, arguably at the top of "their" game. The 1911 was the same, 70 years ago.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
The 1911 ain't broke, so why fix it?

But I like the Ruger SR9 series, Sigs, CZs, S&W M&Ps, as well as Kahrs, not to mention my older wheelguns (Rugers, S&Ws, Colts)

Don't care much for Glocks - they don't fit my hand well and are butt ugly.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
The 1911 ain't broke, so why fix it?

But I like the Ruger SR9 series, Sigs, CZs, S&W M&Ps, as well as Kahrs, not to mention my older wheelguns (Rugers, S&Ws, Colts)

Don't care much for Glocks - they don't fit my hand well and are butt ugly.
It depends on how you define "broke". I define it as "less reliable and more likely to have more downtime". In this definition, the 1911 is a posterchild.

I myself went from Glocks to M&P's.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C TROODON View Post
There isn't a Colt Python made that will out shoot the best tuned/custom 1911.

Col Jeff Cooper
There also isn't a 1911 made that will shoot .357 Magnum ammunition, save for the Coonan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting