Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 11:28 AM

24 posts, read 22,121 times

Advertisements

ahaha, complaining about thrown brass at the range, seriously .
I guess in you live in MD or California you don't have choose.

Come on, bench shooting. In the era of tacticool who and the hell still shoots from the bench anymore.
Brass in your face, ranger masters, slow trigger pulls, "the know it all" gun experts", that fact that everybody's a "III%er" at the range.
Why do people still pay to shoot at these places is beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 12:18 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees410 View Post
ahaha, complaining about thrown brass at the range, seriously .
I guess in you live in MD or California you don't have choose.

Come on, bench shooting. In the era of tacticool who and the hell still shoots from the bench anymore.
Brass in your face, ranger masters, slow trigger pulls, "the know it all" gun experts", that fact that everybody's a "III%er" at the range.
Why do people still pay to shoot at these places is beyond me.
I think you've gone beyond "practical" and into what is called "Full retard".

What good is shooting from a bench? It's worthless in the real world. Unless your "real world" encompasses only a shooting bench and the surrounding area (benchrest competitors, prairie-dog hunters, etc.)

Then, noone has to go all "3%'er", either.

There is a happy, common-sense medium. It's the guy with the Porsche who buys the Piloti shoes, and gets an alignment from a proper shop, and changes his brake fluid every 3 months and actually tracks the car while wearing a helmet. No need for the fancy jackets and fire-retardant suit and HANS device in a streetcar...but only a tool wears flipflops and rolls around on Firestone's if they enjoy actually driving...

Old 10-04-2015, 12:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh I've cleared the line a time or two with my old Super Redhawk, lol. I'll never forget this one guy just cleared his semi-auto, set it down and backed away from the shock zone. He said "That was uncomfortable". Of course it could have been the sand backstop spraying up in the air too, hard to say..

In any event me and buddy got sent down to the 50yard range

Actually it can get quite LOUD out here at the range. A lot of guys shoot 300 or 338 WinMags with brakes. I used to have a an Encore in .338 with a brake. That puppy would stir your drink.
Yeah, that sounds like a bad time!

Old 10-04-2015, 12:20 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
We have a new range in Poway and it was a struggle dealing with the guys doing mag dumps. I had one on each side.

Trying to sight in a bolt gun isn't easy when you are flinching every few seconds. Luckily they ran out of ammo fast and only 3 guys total after that.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:26 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
The paranoia is increasing...

Old 10-07-2015, 01:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
the only time i really get dressed up in camo is when i go hunting, more often when bow hunting. but comfort has a lot do with what i wear too.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:38 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
It is TACTICOOOLLL/
I wear tennis shoes, black converse as they are comfy, sunglasses and ball cap (burn easy, so it blocks the sun well)
I worked out with SEALs, but was not one, does that make me ex spec ops, LOL....I was a submariner at a SEAL command, before everyone freaks out and throws darts at me..

Old 11-07-2015, 10:05 PM

269 posts, read 178,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
after years of going to local ranges , something that has changed, it seems a lot of shooters think they are Special Ops, SEALs, Scout snipers, ex DELTA, SWAT?

plus when you go to a gun store 90% of the guns are some type of "tactical" style with rails, special optics, lasers, front pistol grips, folding stocks, like they are getting ready for a SEAL mission?

plus lots of self proclaimed MMA amateur fighters and that type of training

plus firearms training, everybody thinks they are Special Ops, ex Navy SEAL, etc at the local shooting ranges these days, and train like they are preparing for some type of fire fight or survival from a SHTF scenario? lots of fast shooting and emptying the magazines as fast as they can pull the trigger.

wearing tactical drop down holsters, and practicing quick draws

is it because of the video games? or recent conflicts in the Middle East?
It's a fad

IMO Guns have been so politicized that anyone that thinks they're a republican feels the need to both own and shoot guns now. A lot of these people are people that simply wouldn't own guns if it wasn't so politicized. They don't hunt, and they didn't grow up around guns. These are people that sit around and play call of duty all day, and watch too many action movies.

These people are idiots. In an actual SHTF situation, I would bet my last dollar that MR. tactical with his AR15 would get his *** handed to him by old man Elmer Fudd and his bolt action hunting riffle LOL

Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I generally show up in jeans and a work shirt and sometimes with a faded denim jacket because most of the time that is what I wear. I go to the range to shoot, not to attend a fashion show.

I still have a problem with crowding the stock when I fire a M-1 rifle. I get a good site picture and when I shoot my right thumb smacks me just under the eye socket. One clip and I just do not want to shoot the thing.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:51 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
They dress like that to pretend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting