Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,324 times

Advertisements

I just did the Brazilian blowout zero yesterday and it turned out frizzier and curlier then it was before. It's horrible. I'm not sure if it's because its a newer product or if it is something the stylist did. I did the regular Brazilian blowout last summer and it looked amazing so I'm really not sure what is going on. If anyone has a similar story or any information I would love to hear it. Does anyone know how the stylist could mess up the procedure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 03:16 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,721,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrianne View Post
I just did the Brazilian blowout zero yesterday and it turned out frizzier and curlier then it was before. It's horrible. I'm not sure if it's because its a newer product or if it is something the stylist did. I did the regular Brazilian blowout last summer and it looked amazing so I'm really not sure what is going on. If anyone has a similar story or any information I would love to hear it. Does anyone know how the stylist could mess up the procedure?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:05 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,600,699 times
I had the BB Zero done about three weeks ago. If you let your hair air-dry, yes, it does frizz and curl. Apply heat to it and it settles right down and stays settled. The stylist can do up to 12 passes with the flat iron, so 5-7 passes leaves some curl to it. If your stylist did not do the maximum number, that may be part of it, but the new formula does not air dry nearly so well as the old one. If you do not want to heat-style your hair, then you'll need to treat it as very wavy hair and put a styling gel on it while wet.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,901,725 times
I had it done about 5 months ago, and amazingly my hair is still much better than it was before. It almost seems like its permanent...probably not but I hope so. But I don't know if its the same thing, mine was an all natural formaldehyde free keratin treatment.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrianne View Post
The stylist didn't mess up, I've heard similar complaints from most clients that have had the original BB. The BB Zero has no formaldehyde (hence the zero part), that's why you didn't get the same results. Its the formaldehyde that de-frizzes the hair and makes the cuticle smooth and easy to straighten. Which is why you need it done every three or four months, as the formaldehyde wears off, the frizz returns. The original BB is very dangerous though, it can and has caused all sorts of health problems for people, besides causing hair loss. I would use caution.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:04 AM

521 posts, read 1,150,960 times
formaldyhyde is what they use to embalm people. I can understand it being dangerous. The chemicals they used to use to straighten hair long time ago, were always very powerful though, and probably toxic.

You ever get your hair straightened chemically? Wow.. what a stench that stuff has... the straightener.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM

Updating my experience with the BB Zero formula -- overall, it isn't worth the price for me. The old formula would keep my hair frizz-free for 4 months +, I only had to redo it because the new hair growth would start to overwhelm it. The Zero formula lasted barely 10 weeks with me babying it all the way. Today, with the humidity, my hair looks like a kudzu vine got in a fight with cotton candy. If I had the $$ to get it done every 2 months, I would, but I don't so I can't. If the price was dropped in half for the service, maybe I could & would swing it.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,768 times
go back to the salon and talk to them show them what went wrong

Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times
I have had the Coppola Keratin Smoothing process done twice and have been very happy with it. I believe it has a different formulation than the BB - I haven't heard the concerns with formaldehyde with the Coppola product. There is no significant smell when its being applied. The effects have lasted about 8 months each time.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
go back to the salon and talk to them show them what went wrong
I was in 2 weeks ago for a haircut and my stylist saw it. There isn't much he can do about it, though. The salon won't use the original formula anymore (which I can understand -- they don't want to put their people in harm's way), and their prices are set by the cost of the product plus the stylist's time, bc it's such a labor-intensive process.

EE -- maybe I will give the Coppola treatment a try. I've seen they have one for highlighted blonde hair. That was a big factor for me choosing the BB in the first instance, b/c it had good feedback for color treated blond hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care