Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 AM

129 posts, read 336,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
It depends on how old you are and if you do it right... otherwise, people might make fun of you.
I don't need to look younger like the other person suggested. I'm only 17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:51 AM

258 posts, read 450,749 times
Natural look on men of all ages is the best IMO.

If you're 17, you should be in high school... Go for it, good age to do it rather than older. It wont matter if it looks awful since it will grow out pretty fast. If it's a drastic change, make sure your eyebrows match.
And if you're doing it at home, get one of those easy kits. Nothing worse than ending up with green hair or a head of splotchy brown/black.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
I don't know if it's any stranger than women dying their hair (but of course, women are not expected to "let themelves go and get grey"). The only man who I knew who dyed his hair (that I know of) was very vain, in his mid 40's, and trying to appear and seem younger. He lied about his age, had a facebook filled with hundreds of his college pictures, always took (solo) pictures of himself everywhere, used a ton of anti-aging products, wore Axe, and I suspect got Botox.

I guess when I think of men dying their hair I think of him...but do whatever you want!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
I'm in the "old lady" category and I say do whatever you want to your hair, anything at all, especially if you're in your younger years. But if past 30, don't do black. You may notice that relatives will be the most critical. It's because they have you in a slot that looks and acts a particular way. When you go outside their perceived slot, they criticize and it's almost always that way with relatives. Have fun with your hair!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
ummm, yea.
When did men get so vain?

Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How old are you?

If you are over 35 and coloring it to look younger, sorry but it's not going to work.
Roger that

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of "Indian" guys in the US with reddish hair. And I was like WTF....... and later I came to know there is this Indian hair dye manufactured in the old country which is sold to older men whose hair is getting white. So it gets reddish.

Needless to say, it looks scary and awful.

My father died at 52 and not one white hair. My mother's 54 now and she has justa few white hairs, so good manes run in the family. So I feel sorry for the white/gray haired dudes

Old 07-21-2011, 01:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Lately, I have been seeing a lot of "Indian" guys in the US with reddish hair. And I was like WTF....... and later I came to know there is this Indian hair dye manufactured in the old country which is sold to older men whose hair is getting white. So it gets reddish.
I've seen this happen with Asian hair. Asian here meaning Chinese/Korean/Japanese. I have several Asian (women) friends who pay a fortune to get their hair dyed brown while avoiding the red thing.

For the OP: At your age, go for it. I've got nothing against individuality.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:59 PM

5 posts, read 6,269 times
No play for mr gray
My husband dyes his hair to cover gray.
Does his gotee too.
His gray doesnt bother me.But he said it makes him feel old when he doesnt dye it.
I say do what you want,it's your hair.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
I'm with the other suggestion of a temp color to try it first. My son dyed his hair black and it was horrible.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:48 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Unless things has changed, kids in high school with died jet black hair looked Kinda silly.

Ironically, I had natural jet black hair in high school and every stoner and gothic kid wanted to know what I was using lol Those were the days. Unfortunately, guys in my family have super jet black hair but it turns gray/white at an early age...got my first gray hair in high school i'm in my 30's now and it's peppered pretty good. And I have no plans on dying it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care