Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 05:15 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times

Advertisements

I made the mistake of buying Splatt (purple semi-permanent hair color) for DD and leaving her alone with it to do. Ugh. So first she bleached parts of her hair, then put the purple on. However, she did not put purple on every bleached area, and when she put the bleach on, she did a crappy job.
'
We need to do something, and of course may end up at her stylist for a fix. I don;t think we can just get a permanent color to cover it, as there is purple on it. And she has big splotches of purple on her face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 08:03 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Try rubbing alcohol on the face. If her skin is dry rub olive oil in it first. Sometimes the oil + shower is enough to take it off.

Was she trying to do purple all over or just in chunks? I would redo the purple with a manic panic purple (purple haze).
It will be really easy if she wants to do all over purple. There is a brand called "special effects" that also has a bunch of different types of purple. It also works well and can be used frequently.

If she wants just chunks I would use garnier herbashine in one shade darker than her natural hair color.
First wrap the strands she wants purple after covering them in conditioner. I just use plastic wrap and tie it on with twisted plastic wrap. Use a tint brush to apply the natural color on the unwrapped hair.
Then after washing that out apply the purple with a tint brush and wrap those while the color is sinking in. Wash in quickly cool water to help avoid color bleed. Go light on the purple product application. You can use manic panic again right after if she missed a spot. If a bleach spot refuses to hold the color she may need to pick up a filler from sally's.

Finish with a deep conditioning treatment and use a dark pillow case or one you can bleach as manic panic can rub off for some.

Manic panic is about 10$ and Herbashine about 5$.

If she does the whole head in herbashine she will just have a purple undertone to her hair. It does let the color beneath show through.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I made the mistake of buying Splatt (purple semi-permanent hair color) for DD and leaving her alone with it to do. Ugh. So first she bleached parts of her hair, then put the purple on. However, she did not put purple on every bleached area, and when she put the bleach on, she did a crappy job.
'
We need to do something, and of course may end up at her stylist for a fix. I don;t think we can just get a permanent color to cover it, as there is purple on it. And she has big splotches of purple on her face!

I'm not a hair stylist, but my suggestion would be to take her to a salon. Have professionals fix this for her.

You don't want to keep putting more chemicals on top of more without knowing what the results will be.

Good luck!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,670,074 times
Thanks. She's going in tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything. Great suggestions,
Opsimathia, but given this fiasco, I just don;t trust either one of us enough to do it ourselves at this point!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Thanks. She's going in tomorrow morning to see if they can do anything. Great suggestions,
Opsimathia, but given this fiasco, I just don;t trust either one of us enough to do it ourselves at this point!

Mistakes are the path to learning. How do you think I figured this one out? LOL
I totally did that once upon a time but it was pink. Good luck! Salon ladies can fix it easily, it will just cost more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care