Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,490,360 times

Advertisements

I have naturally tousled kinda beach waves with curl, but have no idea what to do about my hair around my forehead. I tried a side part, looks horrible with my face shape. I am not sure whether to get bangs or not. if I keep a middle part, how do I style it so the the hair does not look so flat? help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 10:04 AM

410 posts, read 743,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
I have naturally tousled kinda beach waves with curl, but have no idea what to do about my hair around my forehead. I tried a side part, looks horrible with my face shape. I am not sure whether to get bangs or not. if I keep a middle part, how do I style it so the the hair does not look so flat? help!
A photo would be very helpful, but based on the information provided perhaps you could try a long, side swept bang. Is your hair layered?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM

It is layered, but a side swept bang looks bad on my heart shaped kinda roundish face! I do not have a photo as I have been straightening it for years and just went back to the waves last week.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 PM

410 posts, read 743,145 times
You could ask your stylist to add just a few shorter pieces around your face, not necessarily a bang - long and wispy. I assume you don't like the way it looks just parted down the middle as is?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 PM

No, it looks kinda silly, the hair on the top tends to be kinda straighter than the rest and the middle part seems to accenuate the straightness of the top along with the straightness of the hair around my forehead.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
My hair is naturally wavy, and falls in what they are now calling "beachy" waves, as my stylist says, on its own (funny, I've always just called it "grown out perm look"), and I wear heavier, blunt bangs. The trick, especially with wavy hair that you've worn parted down the middle, is to train the bangs after you get them or they will continue to fall in a split that mimics your part. Blowdrying them down while using a round brush will help with the training.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
It is layered, but a side swept bang looks bad on my heart shaped kinda roundish face! I do not have a photo as I have been straightening it for years and just went back to the waves last week.
Try a different stylist and styling product. If your hair is layered properly they would take enough weight off that the top layer should have bounce and volume.

Before chopping though see if you are styling it correctly.

Are you:

- blow drying upside down?
- using shampoo and conditioner that won't weigh hair down?
- using a clarifying shampoo 1-2x a month?
- deep conditioning weekly
- only using styling product mostly on the ends for curl definition and using little to no product at least two inches from the roots?

What do you style it with now to define your waves and help with volume at the crown?

Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Try a different stylist and styling product. If your hair is layered properly they would take enough weight off that the top layer should have bounce and volume.

Before chopping though see if you are styling it correctly.

Are you:

- blow drying upside down?
- using shampoo and conditioner that won't weigh hair down?
- using a clarifying shampoo 1-2x a month?
- deep conditioning weekly
- only using styling product mostly on the ends for curl definition and using little to no product at least two inches from the roots?

What do you style it with now to define your waves and help with volume at the crown?
I usually wash it at night and do not blow dry anymore and I get these great waves in the am.
Using a product from Sally's Beauty Supply called Hairtrition for shampoo and cand, and like it so far.
Do not use a claryifying shampoo-need recommendations.
I do not deep condition.
Recently started using styling product further from my roots.

I would love bangs, but just not sure how to style them with my hair, I do not want to look outdated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care