Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 10:32 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,934 times

Advertisements

It's jet black, supposed to be dirty blond/light brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Dirty blonde. I have it lighter blonde

Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
My natural hair color is somewhere between a medium ash brown and a dark ash brown. However it usually makes me look as pale as a ghost, especially in winter even though I'm Hispanic.

My current color is a medium reddish brown. I've dyed my hair everything from medium blonde to cherry red to jet black, but I always end up going right back to brunette.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
My natural hair color is somewhere between a medium ash brown and a dark ash brown. However it usually makes me look as pale as a ghost, especially in winter even though I'm Hispanic.

My current color is a medium reddish brown. I've dyed my hair everything from medium blonde to cherry red to jet black, but I always end up going right back to brunette.

Not quite sure why so many hispanics have a complex like they feel like they should look tan/darker even if they are not that way naturally. It's like we are brainwashed by seeing darker hispanics on the television. Many of are are pale or black...it isn't some anomaly, its quite common.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Not quite sure why so many hispanics have a complex like they feel like they should look tan/darker even if they are not that way naturally. It's like we are brainwashed by seeing darker hispanics on the television. Many of are are pale or black...it isn't some anomaly, its quite common.
It's more what hair stylists have told me, and also depending on my hair color, I may have a harder time finding the right makeup options to look right on me.

For instance red hair makes me look older, as well as blonde hair or having highlights. If my hair is too dark (jet black) I look washed out and ghostly. I'm not typically tan, I'm actually more medium skin toned. However, my skin tone looks more healthier when I switch to a medium brown shade.

Most people think I'm white, only some guess I'm Hispanic, not sure if that has anything to do with it. It's more me trying to find a shade that looks normal.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I used to color my hair and get highlights, but it got to be too expensive and it took so long to get it done, so I let my hair go natural. My hair was a lighter brown, but now I am 59 and it is salt and pepper.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I started dying mine for fun when I was about 18, then the gray started in my mid-20's, and so I haven't seen my natural color for over 20 years now, and I've had every shade under the sun.
I've dyed my hair since around age 17-first black, then red, and stuck with blonde (for past 20+ yrs.), haven't let it grow out fully but I do wait until a few inches of roots are visible. It doesn't look *that* blonde (nothing like the image on the box), but it looks much lighter/redder, and I'm satisfied with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My greys are silvery, but also really coarse so they are pretty noticeable. They are on my hairline and at the top mostly.
That's where my greys show up, too-the crown of my head & sides/edges in front.
I'd have to guess that I've got 10% (?) grey-they're not just different color but they behave differently, they're unruly, stick out at odd angles & curl up (my hair is otherwise naturally straight), wiry & coarse instead of fine. Look silvery but blend in with dyed color, show up a lot more against my natural color.

My father had reddish tones in his hair, my mother had jet-black hair, and I have very dark brown hair. My skin has freckles (incl. on my face), which I get from my father, and I'm pale-I prefer how blond looks on me, it brightens up my appearance. I don't know what it would all look like if I weren't dying it every few months, since the dying began long before the first grey showed up (which was around age 30).

Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Right now it's red....cause I'm a redhead. But it's kind of dull now after all the bleaching and dying I did as a teen.My hair was this perfectly straight, long, really deep copper colour. Not "redheaded step child" red lol. I had multipule girls in highschool spend litteraly 100's of dollars trying to match it.

Then, over the couse of a weekend, I cut it all off and bleached it. Well...they were pissed! I left that damned bleach on my noggin for 3 1/2 hours. It was WHITE.

Then, it was either mohawks or a whole head of spikes. 12-13 huge liberty spikes all over my head when my hair was long, and hundreds of sharp little ones when it was short. I used to put my hair up with white Elmer's school glue, or Knox baking gelleton.

I went black, blue, Indigo blue (that **** looked awesome in the sunlight), bright red, purple, orange, etc, etc.

Now I just leave it be. *sigh*

Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,725 times
My hair is blond. I have never dyed it. I think it is neither a dark or light blond--just straight-up blond. Sometimes I don't like it; some days my hair or parts of it looks too yellow and it's kind of gross looking. Some days I really like it and I feel superior to the women (so many women!) who dye their hair blond over and over--don't be mad, it's the one thing for which I can feel superior when it comes to my appearance.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Auburn Red. It used to be more like Copper Red naturally but years of cancer treatment seem to alter my hair colouring. It went darker for some reasons. I like my red hair and have never wanted to dye it blond. Hubby would kill me if I did ! He is not a big fan of blondes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care