Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times

Advertisements

I love ''Batiste'' dry shampoo. You can find it at Ulta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Glad I found this thread! Been looking for a dry shampoo for a very long time. I remember my mother used to use "Min-a-poo" when I was little. Haven't been able to find dry shampoo anywhere around here! I have corn starch and I have baby powder so I guess I'm good to go. Thanks!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
I use baby powder, but not talc, only those that say "pure cornstarch". Because the holes in the container are so small it seems like it might make less of a mess. I have never tried kitchen aisle cornstarch so don't have that as a comparison.

What I do is shake some into my palm, I start with very little. I then rub my palms a bit, flip my hair over and lightly rub my roots. When I flip my hair back, if necessary I will tap a little on my part line.

In my experience this is something I will do to maybe get an extra day. I don't think the effects last that long. I've only found this product in large containers- have never seen cornstarch baby powder in travel size- only the talc formula.

Last year Johnson& Johnson made a cucumber scented one and I liked that. However I haven't found it since but have only looked at Target.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:42 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
Psssssst Instant Dry Shampoo Spray Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

This stuff is amazing and cheap! I use it on those in between days and it really makes my hair look fresh! Love it.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,632,650 times
I found a powder I like a lot better than old-fashioned baby powder for dry shampooing: Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort Body Powder. Use it just like baby powder*, but it seems to require less product to be effective, smells like a grown-up (mild herbal scent - chamomile, lavender and rosemary), and produces a lot less static.

*Use your hands to apply small amounts at the roots - just coat your palms and fingers in a light layer of powder and run your hands through your hair. Remember the idea is to powder the scalp, not the hair. Brush it out after 10 or 15 minutes, or I actually just leave the powder in. I use minimal amounts and it adds some volume to my super fine hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care