Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:04 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times

Advertisements

I convinced my husband to stop using shampoo, and it GREATLY improved the health of his hair and scalp. He uses water only and scrubs with his fingers. His hair is shiny and has NO smell. Guys especially do not need shampoo and products if their hair is short. People think we need tons of shampoo, but we really don't, water and scrubbing is usually enough for many people.

I rotate products on my own hair, my scalp really does not like shampoo. I mostly use shampoo bars with natural ingredients, and alternate with a rye flour/conditioner mix. My hair is long and fine and I need these for some volume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 09:26 AM

45 posts, read 27,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I convinced my husband to stop using shampoo, and it GREATLY improved the health of his hair and scalp. He uses water only and scrubs with his fingers. His hair is shiny and has NO smell. Guys especially do not need shampoo and products if their hair is short. People think we need tons of shampoo, but we really don't, water and scrubbing is usually enough for many people.

I rotate products on my own hair, my scalp really does not like shampoo. I mostly use shampoo bars with natural ingredients, and alternate with a rye flour/conditioner mix. My hair is long and fine and I need these for some volume.
Sometimes I wonder how many thousands of dollars I spent on products over the years. Funny thing About smell is that even if you use the highest quality shampoo in the morning, your hair still going to stink by the time you go to bed unless you wash out the sweat.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:42 PM

24 posts, read 25,751 times
Brave, very brave! I would die in the oil alone for my hair!

Old 04-05-2018, 04:56 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,934 times
It may work for some other everyone. My brothers hair was a virtual oil field when he was younger. Thick straight hair. He would shower in am then early evening sometimes. At 50 something he still has thick straight hair, but still has to wash it daily or yuck. At least all that oily helps with not having wrinkles on our skin.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
You either have a rare condition resulting in zero scalp oil glands, or you're much more comfortable with oily hair and scalp than most.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:05 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
No offense, OP, but your hair does look just a tad oily to me.

I just don't see how, without using any kind of cleanser, that your hair can be clean. Do you wash your clothes in just water? Do you wash your dishes in just water? Probably not.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,538,543 times
While I agree that someone with less oily scalp doesn't need to wash their hair once/daily, why are people heading back to the dark ages of not washing?

At some point, our bodies all get dirty, including hair.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
I have been one that washed their hair every day for decades...oily skin/hair. My daughter gave me a bottle of this dry shampoo and I can go about 2 weeks now without shampooing...and it gives me umph...I have fine hair but enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Batiste-6-73-...2Bshampoo&th=1

1000's of reviews.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:42 PM

911 posts, read 262,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08
My hair is much healthier since cutting back on how often I use shampoo.
Yes i imagine it IS better...... Your not putting artiifical stuff in it....... I know poeple who dont EVER put anything in thier hair and its fine.....

Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yeah, same here. I USED to wash my hair every day. Now it's every other day, and I feel like my hair is better off for it.
Meh. I average probably three shampoos a week.

That is a lot different than two months of only rinsing with water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care