Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 01:19 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times

Advertisements

I tried deodorant from Whole Foods trying to get in to natural/organic products but I was sweating like crazy with the deodorant and had to switch back to normal drugstore deodorant. I paid more and it didn't work. Because of that experience and the fact that organic fruits spoil faster, I have been reluctant to try whole food cosmetics. But I do get all my vitamin from there. I will try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 01:43 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times
If you like OGX products try the anti breakage coconut oil serum. A couple drops after you shampoo and comb it through. You won't have frizzees at all!

Old 10-19-2018, 12:03 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I tried OGX Cherry Blossom with Ginseng shampoo last night and loved it. It does give volume to my hair. I also got the Orchid colored hair serum which smells amazing. I tried both last night and love it. I grew up using coconut oil (straight oil) on hair and now use it as pre-conditioning but coconut oil is heavy. These serum are so light that I can leave it on my hair. I will try the coconut oil serum next and use the serum instead of conditioner.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:32 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I tried deodorant from Whole Foods trying to get in to natural/organic products but I was sweating like crazy with the deodorant and had to switch back to normal drugstore deodorant. I paid more and it didn't work. Because of that experience and the fact that organic fruits spoil faster, I have been reluctant to try whole food cosmetics. But I do get all my vitamin from there. I will try
I use drugstore antiperspirant.

I have not noticed that organic fruit spoils faster than other fruit. And I am not sure what that has to do with buying shampoo. What I have noticed is that plain old drugstore shampoo has gotten really expensive. So, I asked myself, why not buy myself a nicer grade of shampoo. Lucklily, I found shampoo that seems to be gentle and good on my first try. Now I see no reason to change. I do watch for periodic sales though.

I also buy bar soap there, when I find intriguing sorts on sale. Bar soap has gotten really expensive everywhere. I am not a fan of bodywash, so I treat myself to different soaps from WF.

Most of my grocery shopping is done at my local WINCO, however. Can’t beat their everyday prices.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM

6 posts, read 2,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
I only use conditioner on my ends so my hair wont get weighed down. Also- maybe you can try a suphate free shampoo because when I used shampoo with sulphates I lost so much more hair than when I switched to the non sulphates. Certain products are not healthy for the scalp and will prevent hair from growing.
That's right!

Have been struggling with my hair for life, till I found a nice combo. It's organic and argan oil based, both shampoo and conditioner. Works for my fizzy head, it's also said it works with natural hair. You might check another options, like mentioned here, if you want a cheaper variant, or 2-in-1 shampoo.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:25 AM

3 posts, read 1,186 times
Coconut oil is the best alternative to conditioners, especially when going 'no poo'.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:13 PM

561 posts, read 324,505 times
Quote:
Deodorant is not antiperspirant. Deodorant prevents odor. Antiperspirant prevents perspiring. Don't blame the product for not doing what it was not designed to do.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Most conditioners are sulfate free but every other shampoo I picked up in drugstore has sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) as the 2nd ingredient on the list of ingredients
Yeah, that’s the stuff that creates lather. Don’t need it. I use Kiss My Face shampoo. Don’t use much, cleans well, but doesn’t lather up like a shampoo ad.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:12 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
I love OGX brands. I also really like L'Oreal's versions of sulfate-free shampoos. https://www.lorealparisusa.com/produ...fate-free.aspx

I've tried a lot of sulfate-free shampoos over the past few years and most of them have been bad for my hair, including Whole Food's shampoo (maybe not their store brand? Alaffia). I tried for a month in the hopes that it would get better (maybe my hair needed to adjust?) and ... just no.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:33 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
I have uber fine hair and I ALWAYS use conditioner. It doesn't "weigh my hair down" because I rinse it all out. Other things are WAY more likely to be "weighing your hair down". I don't use anything with any of the sticky silicones in it. No sulfates. I have a sensitivity to coconut oil so I have to be careful about anything that includes it. My hair LOVED Shea Moisture Coconut/Hibiscus, but the coconut oil in it HATED my scalp. It was almost a year after I quit using it before my scalp was normal again. Now I can use it but ONLY if I cut it with other less coconutty products (when I run out of what's left I'll not be buying that again). Almost everything SM makes has at least some coconut oil in it. Sadly.

What is your hair like? What are the problems you want to address? Without knowing that its hard to answer your question effectively. My hair problems have been totally turned around by going to products that contain proteins, but that only helps if you actually NEED proteins, LOL! Also - not all conditioners are the same. If what you have is problematic, switch to something else. Something more appropriate for YOUR type of hair and the specific problems and goals you have for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care