Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 03:28 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times

Advertisements

I have alopecia, so my hair is either gone, or very thin in some areas.
Mostly gone at the crown of my head and center scalp, and thin at the temples.

I'm looking for something that:
-- can fill in, thicken, or boost the look of my hair, or darken my scalp so it looks like I might have more hair.
-- and that I can leave in (not have to rinse out)

There's something I've seen called Top ix (a shake-on powder?), and Clairol has a root touch up product. L'Oreal has Root Magic Gray Concealer Spray. But I'm not sure you can leave that in, or that it's the product I'm looking for. At a beauty supply place, I also saw a gel/cream type product sold in small pots (like eye-shadow sized round pill-box size), that you apply with a eye shadow type brush. Can't recall the name. Not sure I'd want to leave that in either.

Anyone use these products?
Any suggestions for other products?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 08:07 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
I don't know about other products but I like the L'Oreal root cover...my hair is thinning and greying. I use their blonde tones. It colors the area and hair but doesn't thicken it.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:07 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
^^ Thanks.

How is that applied? Is it a liquid that colors the scalp or hair? Is it powder? Pre-mixed, or you have to make it?
Can you leave it in? for how long?

Old 12-26-2018, 12:27 AM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
It's a spray, I leave it on from one shampoo to the next...several days.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
My hair is fine and thin at the front. I use a powder, it's like a large eye shadow. The only name on the case if "Fill-in Powder with Procapil." You dab the powder on the scalp and leave it in. I love it. If it gets wet it washes out, so keep that in mind. It supposed contains a root growth enhancer (the procapil). It must work because I have a lot of new hairs in the area I apply it!

Old 03-12-2019, 10:55 PM

422 posts, read 336,401 times
I am a female who suffers from that too. Mostly crown and back if head. Luckily what hair I do have is very thick. Since I wear it long, my stylist told me about clip in sections of hair. They are real hair your buy that most ladies use to make hair fuller/add length. I bought a pack, she trimmed for me showed me how to clip them in and hide them. Works well, especially it the spots grow in. You can also try cortisone shots too.

There is some newer procedure I heard from my Otho where they take your blood, get pure serum out, and inject that into your scalp. He said he knew a man who did that and got a bunch of hair to grow back.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:52 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I part my hair over to cover any thinking. Straight parting in the middle is too obvious if you have any bald spot. But I still have lots of hair, just they are dropping, I can see on my comb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care