Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We purchased several different kinds, all with ill effect.

I suspect that there are people posting here who have a monetary interest in the product. Most people are disappointed in it, and then you'll get several postings claiming that it is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe that does happen, such a disparity in results, but I doubt it.

There was another Wen thread that would have several postings, like this one, and then die a natural death. Some time later someone would resurrect it, posting superlative reviews. It would die again, but the same thing would occur, again and again, almost as though it were an attempt to advertise the product. Hmmm . . .

I just saw this and want to state that I have no "monetary interest in the product". I don't work in the hair care industry. WEN just works for me. I love the way my hair looks and feels. My hair was always shoulder length to the middle of my back, but it tended to tangle when wet. I'm tangle free now. My texture has changed over time. I have friends who have gone natural using this product. If it doesn't work for you don't use it.

I've found that a lot of people don't use the right CC for their hair type. Cucumber Aloe doesn't work well on my hair. But Fig, Pom, and 613 work well. Others don't use enough or rinse well. There is a learning curve for most people. I've used it for years now and I no longer count pumps. I know what works for my hair. I listen to Chaz' advice when he's on QVC and I email his salon if I have questions. I always get a helpful reply. Loving a product does not mean I'm on the payroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 05:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
I just saw this and want to state that I have no "monetary interest in the product". I don't work in the hair care industry. WEN just works for me. I love the way my hair looks and feels. My hair was always shoulder length to the middle of my back, but it tended to tangle when wet. I'm tangle free now. My texture has changed over time. I have friends who have gone natural using this product. If it doesn't work for you don't use it.

I've found that a lot of people don't use the right CC for their hair type. Cucumber Aloe doesn't work well on my hair. But Fig, Pom, and 613 work well. Others don't use enough or rinse well. There is a learning curve for most people. I've used it for years now and I no longer count pumps. I know what works for my hair. I listen to Chaz' advice when he's on QVC and I email his salon if I have questions. I always get a helpful reply. Loving a product does not mean I'm on the payroll.
Well, I apologize, then.

For my husband and I these Wen shampoos were so awful that there is no way we could conceive of ANYONE liking it.

To me it is a miracle that anyone would say something good about it, but if it works for you, fine, and I'm sorry if I called you a shill.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
About a year ago I bought Wen products: shampoo, conditioner, styling cream. It was not cheap!

And honestly, I couldn't tell the difference after about two months of using those products compared to using dollar-store products. I'm back to the dollar-store products and my hair is thick and shiny for about a dollar per week.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Reading this saved me a lot of money. It sounded like a good idea. However I have fine and straight hair that is almost silky.

The last thing I need is something to weigh my hair down more. Thank you for posting this information.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Well, I apologize, then.

For my husband and I these Wen shampoos were so awful that there is no way we could conceive of ANYONE liking it.

To me it is a miracle that anyone would say something good about it, but if it works for you, fine, and I'm sorry if I called you a shill.
No problem. Just remember that different people have different experiences with products. Most of the shampoos on the market leave my hair tangled and rough (especially the cheap drug store brands). I used to use Nexxus and that wasn't cheap. So WEN wasn't a big leap in price for me.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
I never order anything advertised and sold on tv without doing an internet search with the name of the product or company accompanied with the word 'complaints'.

wen hair care complaints - Bing

Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Can you give me the names of some good sulfate-free shampoos? Lately, I can't seem to find anything for my hair! It's so frustrating!
I use Devacurl. The no-poo line.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
No problem. Just remember that different people have different experiences with products. Most of the shampoos on the market leave my hair tangled and rough (especially the cheap drug store brands). I used to use Nexxus and that wasn't cheap. So WEN wasn't a big leap in price for me.
Many of the posts praising that miserable product, Wen, were from people with very few postings in City Data, so I understandably thought they were schills for the product. It's an understandable assumption.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Many of the posts praising that miserable product, Wen, were from people with very few postings in City Data, so I understandably thought they were schills for the product. It's an understandable assumption.
Or maybe they finally saw a topic they wanted to comment on. I only post when I have something to say. You don't like WEN, okay. I happen to love the product. I've even bought then gallon size from QVC. I could list several shampoos that I think are horrible but I would never take the leap and assume anyone who liked a product I didn't was a shill or a liar.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Or maybe they finally saw a topic they wanted to comment on. I only post when I have something to say. You don't like WEN, okay. I happen to love the product. I've even bought then gallon size from QVC. I could list several shampoos that I think are horrible but I would never take the leap and assume anyone who liked a product I didn't was a shill or a liar.
You're right. As I said before - all these Wen lovers could very well be sincere. I have no way of knowing. They could also be mad or creators of the product or salespeople. We just don't know, do we? That's what's nice about public forums, everyone can have a voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care