Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 AM

893 posts, read 790,768 times

Advertisements

Loreal Color Spa lasts longer on my hair than the Clairol Natural Instincts, both are semi permanents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 03:53 AM

893 posts, read 790,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 in a million View Post
Gosh Henna.Have not heard of that being used since to 70's. Have you given thought to a Demi/Semi Permanent color? If used correctly. A great top professional brand..it is not only great for the hair. The shine and no damage. it can bring out tones in blondes and give depth if you wanted. Goldwell Colorance is great for one.
Gosh where do you get the Goldwell Colorance? That is the best color you can buy.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
I think Goldengrain has given good advise on this thread. I applaud her for being able to do her own hair. I haven't been able to find a decent stylist. Maybe I am too picky. How hard is it to cut a straight line? Good thing choppy hair is in style. A lot of times, seems like stylist suzi is paying more attention to what stylist ding a ling is doing cross the way. (shop drama) WARNING: If your stylist is p***ed off at their bf/gf, run don't walk to the nearest exit!!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
Gosh where do you get the Goldwell Colorance? That is the best color you can buy.
You can just google it and find all sorts of sources online.

Some of the sites even tell you how to use it.

But remember that it is not permanent and if money is a concern, it's a lot of money for a temporaty thing.

I did find a product that claims, if you mix a few drops with your permanent dye it will cover grey better, but it could just be another liquid ammonia or peroxide.

I used to just go to my nearest supply shop and purchase something, but there are so many things available online. I may just order over the computer. Now we no longer have to search for that elusive shop that supplies beauticians - sometimes far from our neighborhoods. We can just shop online.

I love this.

Last edited by goldengrain; 04-20-2008 at 08:30 AM..

Old 04-20-2008, 08:21 AM

16 posts, read 72,915 times
if you look around at some smaller places that retail some hair products. a nail salon with a small supply area..they sometimes have some. maybe on line but not easy. you would need the Goldwell Colorance developer...or as it has been called my some uneducated on here..ammonias and peroxide's.. There are some others too...redken's Shades is another. stay away from the Loreal,Clairol,or goldengrains loving care mess.
Quote:

Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I think Goldengrain has given good advise on this thread. I applaud her for being able to do her own hair. I haven't been able to find a decent stylist. Maybe I am too picky. How hard is it to cut a straight line? Good thing choppy hair is in style. A lot of times, seems like stylist suzi is paying more attention to what stylist ding a ling is doing cross the way. (shop drama) WARNING: If your stylist is p***ed off at their bf/gf, run don't walk to the nearest exit!!
Thank you.

I, like you, just got disgusted with the hype that these people put out. They pretend they are your buddy when they work on your head, but start asking them questions and they either clam up or give you the run around.

I have no qualm with people in the fashion industry. Today, both in hair and clothing, people do not judge you for how 'in' you are. You get promotions and befriend people for who they are and not what they look like, so long as they are neat and presentable, who cares?

Yeah - and I CAN sew a simple dress, if need be.
I will get a professional cut every now and again if I see someone who does good work. But she/he may move on and if I were dependent on them I'd be stuck, wouldn't I?

I am neither poor nor all that old. I have a decent set of assets. It has not gotten that way by throwing money at things that are not lasting. I take the initiative at my job and also in my grooming. This is how people live if they expect to retire well.

This is one of the really nice things about living in these times. We are not as status conscious as we were years back. We have more self assurance and do not require the latest trend to make us feel 'whole'.

Generally, 'neat and presentable' is not what these people are all about but everyone has to make a living. I just do not like lies and hype and bs.

I think the sort of 'beauty' that they speak of is mostly important to their minds only.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:59 AM

I had posted on here a bit ago that sometimes leaving the store bought products on a bit longer can help pigment of color. just go a bit lighter than you want..try it. if not go a bit deeper next time. it all depends on hair types and also cultural types of hair. asian hair is harder to cover or lighten, fine blonde hair can be porous.Ends can be porous too. the elements play into it at times. I can only give guidance on store bought products. i do not use them. but semi and demi are a safer way. just always use the matching developers..try a beauty supply that has a step up in quality.
Quote:
Loreal Color Spa lasts longer on my hair than the Clairol Natural Instincts, both are semi permanents

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-20-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Removed attack on another poster

Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 AM

loving care can be purchased in many drug stores and supermarkets. YOu usually need not go to a beauty supply place.

The attitude that Henna and products used years ago are only for 'old ladies' is ludicrous. That is a remark from an old, dated, male, hairstylist who obviously does not like women - unless perhaps if they are giving him money. What sort of a sorry individual would make such a petty, low, and lying remark?

See, this is just the attitude that drives women away from these people and into the stores to purchase their own product. Attitude with a capital 'A', and they oblivious.

They want customers but treat them like garbage. Do they really think that all but the most of naive and clueless of women sit in their chairs and have their hair worked on, and do not pick up on that?

Hey! Nobody addressed my legal comment on how these guys are to use hairnets and actually sterilize, not sanitize, their combs and scissors. Hmmm, that says something.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-20-2008 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Removed Orphaned deleted post

Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 AM

To a certain degree i do agree with some of this. So much in our world today is based on looks and celebrities. I have been fortunate to have worked on many of them and with them. You know the press gives them a bad time..most of them are very kind and willing to listen to propfessionals and spiritual leaders. But it is not all that life is about. Being loved,having friends and knowing yourself is prime. there is a lot of hype. but that is what's going on. you can balance it all out and enjoy all that there is to enjoy.
like a great tennis match at the club today..
There is a balance always. Working on yourself internally is important..the exterior sometimes can use some help. there are those that are lovely on the outside but not so inside.
there a know it alls too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Thank you.

I, like you, just got disgusted with the hype that these people put out. They pretend they are your buddy when they work on your head, but start asking them questions and they either clam up or give you the run around.

I have no qualm with people in the fashion industry. Today, both in hair and clothing, people do not judge you for how 'in' you are. You get promotions and befriend people for who they are and not what they look like, so long as they are neat and presentable, who cares?

Yeah - and I CAN sew a simple dress, if need be.
I will get a professional cut every now and again if I see someone who does good work. But she/he may move on and if I were dependent on them I'd be stuck, wouldn't I?

I am neither poor nor all that old. I have a decent set of assets. It has not gotten that way by throwing money at things that are not lasting. I take the initiative at my job and also in my grooming. This is how people live if they expect to retire well.

This is one of the really nice things about living in these times. We are not as status conscious as we were years back. We have more self assurance and do not require the latest trend to make us feel 'whole'.

Generally, 'neat and presentable' is not what these people are all about but everyone has to make a living. I just do not like lies and hype and bs.

I think the sort of 'beauty' that they speak of is mostly important to their minds only.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
I love my hairstylist. He owns the salon. He is Vidal Sassoon trained. His work is impeccable. I trust him implicitly. I pay a lot of money to get his cuts. I willingly do it and feel fortunate he is here.

However, I prefer doing my own haircolor. Even my stylist says I do a great job, and the one time I didn't - he was quick to advise that he needed to straighten it out - and he did. Otherwise, he compliments how terrific my color looks and he has given me many tips for maintaining my color.

There is nothing wrong w/ someone wanting to do his/her own haircolor. There are plenty of products out there that can be used. If one doesn't work the way you want it - try another.

This forum is a great place to get advice based on other people's experiences. We are all different. Even our own body chemistry can affect the way color "takes" from one week to another.

No use attacking people for providing information. I am saddened to see a professional come on this forum and be disparaging to a poster who is just sharing her personal experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care