Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 08:40 AM

533 posts, read 481,182 times

Advertisements

By the way the hair is coming back, slowly.

I hope this gives positive hope to those who are devastated by hair loss.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 08:38 AM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You don't mention his age, but it really doesn't matter. He is probably experiencing male baldness.

Google is not a doctor and doesn't pretend to be. Neither should you.
Unless wearing a hairpiece, I don't think anyone shaves the top of their head. Chances are that if the OP mentions shaving the head, he shaves the entire head. It's true that the OP didn't say where on the head the baldness takes place, but it seems its all over. If there is significant hairloss on the temples/sides and/or back of the head, scratch off male pattern baldness.

A person suffering from male pattern baldness can be a candidate for hair transplant. The source of the hair to be transplanted is precisely in the temples/sides/back of his own head. If he is balding even in those areas, he would not be a candidate for hair transplant and, as far as I know, no hair transplant doctor would touch it.

Last edited by AntonioR; 05-28-2021 at 08:52 AM..

Old 05-28-2021, 08:51 AM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya36 View Post
My Uncle has itchy skin and regularly shaves his scalp due to itch.

Right after we entered 2021 he lost patches of hair. It didn't bother him and he says this is good since he doesn't have to shave.

A few weeks later he shaved the remaining hair that was left.

Now his hair hasn't grown back. When anyone mentions it he says he doesn't care about the baldness because now he doesn't have to shave.

But the question is, what is the cause? I saw google and it says it is immune system attacking hair cells.

Why should immune system attack anyone? How to stop these attacks so there are no other problems.
It's very hard to say what causes the baldness in anyone without a diagnosis from a doctor. He is the only one that can say what causes it.

As for baldness from some type of autoimmune system disorder, there isn't a reason for why it happens. What does exist is that sometimes it happens. There are treatments for various autoimmune disorder baldness, but if the person affected by the autoimmune disorder baldness isn't bothered and the autoimmune disorder doesn't produces other side effects; then, there is nothing anyone can do.

Baldness can also be due to other reasons, such as a fungus growing on the scalp. You said he has itchy skin, perhaps that is the reason causing the baldness.

There is one other aspect to take into account. Socially it's easier and even accepted for baldness in men. A woman that is balding will go through a much greater stress level. In general, society isn't as accepting of female baldness as it is for male baldness. This could very much be one of the reasons your uncle isn't bothered by the baldness. For men, the stress comes from accepting that you are balding, but for women even if you accept it society at large will not and that's a source of extra stress. It also doesn't help that, what it seems to me, women are more likely to value the opinions of others while men are more likely to not care what others think.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Unless wearing a hairpiece, I don't think anyone shaves the top of their head. Chances are that if the OP mentions shaving the head, he shaves the entire head. It's true that the OP didn't say where on the head the baldness takes place, but it seems its all over. If there is significant hairloss on the temples/sides and/or back of the head, scratch off male pattern baldness.

A person suffering from male pattern baldness can be a candidate for hair transplant. The source of the hair to be transplanted is precisely in the temples/sides/back of his own head. If he is balding even in those areas, he would not be a candidate for hair transplant and, as far as I know, no hair transplant doctor would touch it.
He shaved entire head.

Now it appears hair is coming back on most of his head, the front and center part.

They are small white hairs.

I will keep you posted.

You are right in your other post, baldness is more more more stressful to women than to men.

I hope whoever is reading this gets hope.

I cannot imagine people going bald.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:20 AM

The hairs seemed to have disappeared, which is scary for those who would want hair regrowth.

However he is happy the hairs disappeared.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:48 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya36 View Post
I was persistent for him to mention this to Dr.

During last dermatologist visit (telemedicine) when my Aunt bought it up he brushed it aside. He suffered from pruritus (intense itchy skin)

Blood test for COVID? Ok shall do, but COVID?
Yes, covid. Although the poster may have meant an antibody test for covid, to see if he has had covid in the past. Since you say his hair started disappearing after the new year, he may need one of those T-detect covid tests that can test for prior infection. The antibody tests are generally only able to detect an illness for the past 3 months but the T detect can go back further.

Even asymptomatic covid infections can cause hair loss & it can last for up to a year. It would be good to know to rule it out, in case he has another condition that needs to be diagnosed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care