Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 03:46 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,349,061 times

Advertisements

I moved here, small town in the middle of nowhere, two and a half years ago and began using A. She was highly recommended for color, with good reason. I was never overjoyed with the cut. I'll go so far as to say I was never happy. After so many appointments thinking "meh.. once it grows out it will be fine" I decided to try B. (A did reach out and I was honest with her but let her know I didn't want to hurt her feelings)

B's the cousin of a friend. Well trained. Highly skilled. Expensive but I was ecstatic with the whole experience. My job requires professionalism and I loved B. I only saw him 3 times, always booking my next appointment before leaving his shop. Last time was in March and when he gave me the date of my next appointment in May I thought "that seems like a long time". I was getting quite shaggy when I dug out my appt card and texted to confirm. Normally his system texts reminders.He said (via text) I wasn't on the schedule but he could book me for June 17th or put me on the cancellation list. I just texted "That's okay.Thanks anyway" I admit I was a bit hurt but mostly I NEEDED HAIR HELP STAT!

A friend recommended C. I went 2 days ago. I'm okay with the cut. HATE THE COLOR. It looks so awful I've got to do something immediately. I don't want to go back to her to try to "fix it".
I'm thinking about contacting A to see if she can fix the color.

On the other hand B might have an opening.

Either one, I believe would help me.

Just curious to see what anyone else would do .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 11:48 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,137,770 times
Are these three hairdressers in this small town in the middle of nowhere? It seems as though they’d be in a bigger town with more clients and able to charge more.

B seems like your best bet, but he’s popular. I’d try to find a D who does the work to your liking, but is not as busy and could fit you into their schedule easier. Finding a good hairdresser is not that bad. Last year, I couldn’t get my regular stylist, so finally made an appointment with someone new. This stylist was more expensive, but she did a good job and my hair looked super stylish with new highlights and cut. I would have gone back, but my regular stylist opened back up. My regular stylist does excellent work and charges less. Find someone who has been in the hair business a long time. There is no substitute for experience. Read their reviews to give you an idea of how good they are.

Old 05-16-2021, 05:00 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,614,478 times
Go to A for color, find someone else for the cut, even someone in the same shop as A. Be pleasantly frank with her, that her color jobs are great but you want a higher precision cut.

B sounds great but the salon may have problems with turnover of the front desk staff that leads to not getting their computer schedule properly entered. You could keep going to B but it may take more follow-up to confirm that you're scheduled properly.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:13 PM

First - I can't believe I misspelled tale.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try something tomorrow.

There are incredible amounts of hair places in this 12sq mile desert town.

A has her own place, 1-woman show. No other employees.

B has his own place. One other stylist there, no admin person.
I have a meeting with the base C.O. tomorrow. I may wear a scarf.
Maybe with enough curling and gel it won't be too bad.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:10 AM

My friend, cousin of B, recommended another place.We shall see. I might make a trip to L.A.
if things get worse.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:12 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,357,340 times
So enough about hair and makeup: what do your cosmologists say about the origin of the universe?

Old 06-23-2021, 03:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,211,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
So enough about hair and makeup: what do your cosmologists say about the origin of the universe?
And the tail? What about the tail? Of a comet, perhaps?

Old 06-29-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My friend, cousin of B, recommended another place.We shall see. I might make a trip to L.A.
if things get worse.
I went here and really like this one. She's all about the cosmos, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care