Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times

Advertisements

It depends on the woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:49 PM

149 posts, read 762,502 times
Super-short haircuts can work great for girls who have soft, feminine features and/or a really pretty face. Otherwise it can look kinda masculine, like for example on a woman with a broad jawline.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,561 times
Short hair is pretty ugly IMO. On me, it is unacceptable.

I just love the look of long, wavy hair-I am growing my hair down to my waist. I just love curly long hair.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,767 times
Totally sexy but you have to have a strong jaw line to pull it off no chubby round faces.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:54 PM

134 posts, read 317,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
In a recent Glamor Magazine poll the question asked was for men. "What is the biggest turn off on about woman" 71% responded by saying that short hair on a woman is a turn off. Some of those questioned why they responded that way said if a woman has a little boys haircut or her ears are showing they would not care what the rest of the package was, they would turn their head and walk away.

I agree with that. And just so I dont appear to be 2 faced I'm a guy who dont cut his hair. Women love it, other guys look wishing they had it and I like it. And it's fun.
Of course Glamor magazine can't anger all of those hair care advertisers by having any other result to that poll favoring long hair.

Personally, a woman with long hair may get my attention but a confident and happy woman with short hair will get and keep my attention. Short hair to me equals adventurous, fun, and with a mind of her own - three great traits. Of course it all depends on her attitude, features, and how she carries herself but I think that poll is BS.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:44 PM

345 posts, read 643,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Of course Glamor magazine can't anger all of those hair care advertisers by having any other result to that poll favoring long hair.

Personally, a woman with long hair may get my attention but a confident and happy woman with short hair will get and keep my attention. Short hair to me equals adventurous, fun, and with a mind of her own - three great traits. Of course it all depends on her attitude, features, and how she carries herself but I think that poll is BS.
So...the men they asked lied to help Glamour's advertisers? I doubt that plays a huge role in it anyway; as someone who works with magazines, I can attest that of our variety of women's hair care magazines, at least a good handful are dedicated specifically to short hair styles. So yeah, there's a market for it.

In any case, I actually feel the opposite. To me a head of long, beautiful, flowing hair on a girl shows adventurousness and of a free-spirit.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,440 times
I have short hair & I've had several men (& women) come up to me & tell me how much they like my hair. It's me, my husband loves it, I look better in short hair & I don't care what anyone else thinks-

Absolutely, short hair can be sexy.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
So...the men they asked lied to help Glamour's advertisers? I doubt that plays a huge role in it anyway; as someone who works with magazines, I can attest that of our variety of women's hair care magazines, at least a good handful are dedicated specifically to short hair styles. So yeah, there's a market for it.

In any case, I actually feel the opposite. To me a head of long, beautiful, flowing hair on a girl shows adventurousness and of a free-spirit.
If you carry yourself that way, then its convincing. Otherwise, since the majority of women have long hair, it would mean they are just another clone. Where is the adventure and risk-taking in that?

I think just about any woman can carry off any hairstyle as long as it reflects who she is deep down inside. Some women with short (and super-short) hair can be incredibly stunning while some women look fantastic with long hair.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Rud

2 posts, read 4,506 times
I think short hair on a lady is very attractive. The shorter,the better. I wish my fiancé would cut her hair short, but until now i could not convince her to do it.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Rud

2 posts, read 4,506 times
I think it is very sexy! Ive always liked women with short hair,but then it must preferably be very short. I just wish my fiancé would cut her hair short, but until now i was unable to convince her to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care