Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:22 AM

213 posts, read 672,206 times

Advertisements

i have long hair, always have, but due to the fact that i never had a perm and was living in florida my hair could not stand the humidity. I decided instead of changing the whole texture of my hair or paying for someone to put in extensions i would just buy a wig...i liked it so much i never stopped wearing them. They allow me to wear my hair in styles i couldn't before because of my hair texture and it gave me an opportunity to display colors without damaging my real hair. Some times a ponytail or just straight down is boring and you want to mix it up a little thats all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debb J View Post
Yay! I have many wigs and don't leave home without one. My hair is very thin and super fine. An ugly combination for the humidity of Florida. My husband used to get soooo irritated with the length of time it took me to do my hair and we'd usually be late going anywhere.

A few years ago a hairdresser told me about the new light weight wigs and how "real" they looked. I wasn't interested. But...one day I passed a wig salon and loved the wigs on display in the window. I decided to go inside and have a better look. The rest is history. I do, however, choose wigs cut in the same style as my hair and work some of my own hair into the front for a more natural look. I get lots of compliments and most peope can't believe it's really a wig I'm wearing. Love 'em!!!
I wanted to do the same and bought one looking pretty much like my own hair when done and was planning to use it on bad hair days or when I'm in a hurry. The darn thing is like a hat, though. It gave me a headache and I was sooo hot! Granted, I have shoulder-length hair of my own underneath and that certainly doesn't help. The wig is synthetic and looks just fine to me. Only that I can't stand it!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 PM

244 posts, read 718,143 times
I love wigs, but I only have one and it is a blue/green "party" wig.

Kudos to the ladies who rock em'

Old 07-27-2009, 12:43 PM

15 posts, read 77,371 times
Wigs can be great if you do them right.
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/11.gif (broken link)
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/10.gif (broken link)

Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 PM

8 posts, read 18,773 times
many people wear wigs for different reasons. some wear wigs to hide their bald head others, to protect their hair from sun rays and dust. however, wigs are great idea to achieve different hairstyles easily whenever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care