Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 AM

5 posts, read 12,050 times

Advertisements

I've never said nothing owe to me I've work since I was 16 yrs old .I work 7 days a week so plz don't talk about me as if I'm looking for a hand out and I'm tryin hard to take care of my Kidz .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 05:34 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
One word...Entitlement. people believe they are owed things and it goes from one generation to the next, cause they is how most people are trained to think...its so bad now, we have no more middle class, its been destroyed by entitlement programs.
I agree, Windchimes, but I suspect that you and I are a dying breed.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 AM

522 posts, read 1,855,870 times
I hope you find the help that you need. Entitlement programs are great if you dont abuse it. When I first started our family we were a bit in a financial mess although I did save a lot when i was on active duty which helped out tremendously. And I had to file for WIC and this other program where you are reimbursed for insurance premiums that you pay. That helped and I think we were only on that for about a year. That truely helped us out especial when our mortgage alone was more than I took home and my wife was a stay at home mom. That was about 5 years ago and making 3 times as more than I did back then. So as long as you dont abuse the system i think it'll come back to you 10 fold if you play your cards right.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 PM

117 posts, read 255,444 times
Default Shame shame shame!

Why can't a person ask a simple question without being judged or persecuted? The woman just asked where she can get help! Good grief!

To the OP....perhaps you have to take a few steps back to take several forward. I agree with some, the children can assist, ie., babysitting, mowing, etc. etc. But remember, TIMES ARE DIFFERENT. You have to be VERY careful with your children these days, ESPECIALLY as a single parent. SO, I did NOT encourage alot of working outside of the home for my children coming up, I steered them to focus more on schooling as a priority, and I struggled and worked my butt off. Both are now graduated from college, my daughter is a nurse, my son plays pro ball overseas. Not too bad for a single momma from NYC after relocating to Virginia Beach when they were in elementary school.

Perhaps go back to school so you can increase your earning power. I don't know where you are living now, but you may have to make some changes in your lifestyle for awhile. I know what it's like because I DID IT.

And with HARD WORK, MAJOR life changes (sacrafice), prayer and the blessings of the Creator, I am here to tell you, IT WILL ALL WORK OUT.

Think outside the box. Whatever that is for you.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:37 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Perhaps if you considered writing in English and not texteze, people would take you more seriously and you could move up the career ladder in your occupation.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 PM

117 posts, read 255,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmotort View Post
I hope you find the help that you need. Entitlement programs are great if you dont abuse it. When I first started our family we were a bit in a financial mess although I did save a lot when i was on active duty which helped out tremendously. And I had to file for WIC and this other program where you are reimbursed for insurance premiums that you pay. That helped and I think we were only on that for about a year. That truely helped us out especial when our mortgage alone was more than I took home and my wife was a stay at home mom. That was about 5 years ago and making 3 times as more than I did back then. So as long as you dont abuse the system i think it'll come back to you 10 fold if you play your cards right.
Entitlement programs ARE great! Like someone else did, use them but definetely do NOT let them stifle your progress!!! I used very LITTLE to NONE! WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY!

I am living example of that, for sure!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area