Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times

Advertisements

It's "official"...rainy season is here. It was headline news tonight. A bit late this year, but welcome due to drought conditions in some areas. Rainy season tends to last from October to April.

It's been raining for the last week in Hilo and this evening, though it was a beautiful afternoon, we've had the heaviest rains I've seen in a while (judging from the sound on my roof).

There was a flash flood advisory today for Oahu and Lanai...

This season is a good time to remember to get up into your attic and check for leaks. Go up during a strong rain...

(Speaking of seasonal chores, since we don't do "Fall Back" for daylight savings time and may not get the reminders that will be everywhere on the mainland, it's a good time to check smoke alarms and replace any that may not be working. Be sure there are alarms close to all bedrooms!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 PM

312 posts, read 1,639,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmkolohe View Post
It's "official"...rainy season is here. ...

There was a flash flood advisory today for Oahu and Lanai...
Yup, been raining here. I actually enjoy a few days of rain, just don't want it to rain 40 days.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,573,335 times
Kihei,
No mo nuthin!!!!! Only sun, she wen try ua last night, but no can!! God knows South Maui could use it. I loved it when I was renting a house above the Hilo Muni golf course, the house was for my employees, couple of them snored so loud that sleeping in the house was impossible for me, so I'ld put a futon into one of my vans, and sleep in there. Something about rainfall on a metal roof at night that just makes you smile and moi moi.....

Aloha

Old 11-02-2007, 04:26 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,597,423 times
Here up above Pahoa in Leilani, we've had 4 1/2 inches since midnight and no sign of letting up, though the sun came out for a few minutes earlier today.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:37 PM

850 posts, read 4,364,255 times
it's really beautiful here in kailua, o'ahu. would still like to have more rain, though. tired of having to water the lawn. i like rain, but flash flooding is not good. the run off is destructive and goes all the way to the beach.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Right now in Kihei, it's absolutely still, can't see Kahoolawe, it's semi-dark, and just starting to ua big time. Looks like the storm has arrived!!!!!!! Maybe some thunder and lightening? CHICKEN SKIN!!!!!

Aloha, looking for a sweater, know I've got one somewhere...........

Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 PM

850 posts, read 4,364,255 times
okay, i know we need the rain, but that was crazy last night. my poor animals were shaking (big chickens)! ended up sleeping on the couch with the little one while the other bigger dogs slept in either the kitchen or living room. still a bit cloudy and a few drops. at least our resident kolea is back and eating the guavas that have dropped on the ground.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Yea,
Cats are a great barometer aren't they. Both Popoki and Ele ele, who normally spend all night outside doing their thing, (for Popoki it's normally beef, ie. rats and mice. Ele is more into poultry) are on my lanai wanting in. Few minutes later, the first downpour!!!!! Think this will be with us for a few days, no wind here, perfectly still, so da ua she stay da kine stuck already...

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 11-04-2007, 06:10 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,014 times
We're having a pretty heavy rain here too (Hilo) and the first thunder I've heard in a long time...Will this mean snow on the mountain!??

Old 11-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Gaurens Kolohe!!!
When I had that house above the Muni Golf Course in Hilo, it snowed at the summit, wind was blowing off the mountain, me, no more jacket. Talk about cold!!!!! It's pretty cool here in Kihei right now. I'm gonna find that sweater. Just checked, it's blowing a little Kona, and the outside temp is 74 degrees. Now for Kihei, with the windchill factor figured in, it may actually be closer to 68!!!!!! Forget the sweater, I'm breaking out the jacket!! Where the heck did I put that???????????? Hell, I'm already wearing a tee-shirt, how much can a person take?

Aloha and okolemaluna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii