Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 08:35 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,775 times

Advertisements

KHNL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 12:36 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
Wake up hawaii. He was attempting to commit Ghijad, patterning after the Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Anzorovich.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:34 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,149 times
Maybe he thought he was Jihadi, he was just nuts, easy to tape down. GoDucttape!

Old 05-22-2017, 08:29 AM

10,560 posts, read 7,763,547 times
Flight crews should have a taser weapon for such emergencies.

I was on a flight out of San Diego last year with a family of unsophisticated middle easterners aboard. The patriarch had the appearance of your stereotypical jihadist, and apparently didn't speak English. He kept looking around real suspiciously, to front and back of plane. A woman a couple rows back said "That guy is freaking the hell out of me". Seated behind him, I told her I'd keep a close watch on him.
So while we were taxiing, the guy starts standing up! I put a firm hand on his shoulder and told him he couldn't do that. He just stared back at me. Fortunately, he was a small guy and it was apparently just a misunderstanding. (He had to take a leak)

It was also fortunate that the Marine seated across from me was elderly, or he probably would have kicked the guys arse.
He was really pissed.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:51 AM

85 posts, read 99,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
I was on a flight out of San Diego last year with a family of unsophisticated middle easterners aboard. The patriarch had the appearance of your stereotypical jihadist
Most of the people I worked with in abut a 5 year span were middle eastern when I was working in Dearborn. Remember talking to someone (doctor for Syria) once about this and how it was hard to tell the "good guys" from the bad, his reply; most white Americans have the the appearance of your stereotypical child molester, but I don't keep my kids locked in the house and away from them. We became good friends, he really opened my eyes to a lot of things. He also said that blaming all middle-eastern people for the actions of a small handful is akin to blaming all white people today for slavery that took place over 150 years ago... he definitely had a way with words.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:55 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Quote:
Maybe - maybe not.

You get a rogue crew member and who knows what can happen - one of the more famous cases is a fedex crew member attacking other crew members with a hammer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...ess_Flight_705

The real problem with this guy is he was arrested at LAX - set free - then allowed to fly.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:42 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,560,051 times
FBI: Man behind mid-air security scare was high, had 'terroristi - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

"FBI says Turkish national who tried to breach the front of an American Airlines plane was high on drugs and had "terroristic thoughts" Agent says he even made a gun out of his fingers and pointed it at the agent, pretending to shoot him."

This guy never should have been cleared to board.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:41 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:

I was on a flight out of San Diego last year with a family of unsophisticated middle easterners aboard. The patriarch had the appearance of your stereotypical jihadist, and apparently didn't speak English. He kept looking around real suspiciously, to front and back of plane. A woman a couple rows back said "That guy is freaking the hell out of me". Seated behind him, I told her I'd keep a close watch on him.
So while we were taxiing, the guy starts standing up! I put a firm hand on his shoulder and told him he couldn't do that. He just stared back at me. Fortunately, he was a small guy and it was apparently just a misunderstanding. (He had to take a leak)

It was also fortunate that the Marine seated across from me was elderly, or he probably would have kicked the guys arse.
He was really pissed.

What is the appearance of a stereotypical jihadist, and how does this vary from standard dress from that region? And the marine would have kicked the guys ass for standing up? Does that seem appropriate to you?

Agree that the man in question in the original op should not have been allowed to board.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii