Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 10:07 AM

21,771 posts, read 16,420,821 times

Advertisements

Looks like it’s on.

Won’t affect me as I fly military standby ... but the girlfriend has to go commercial (unless I put a ring on her finger). So, good to read efficiency is being ramped up. Rental car on arrival no problem fortunately, as I keep a van on base in storage. But article cites increasing rental fleet availability coming too.

Back to the madness soon.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/tra...ot-of-changes/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 10:28 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,951,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

But article cites increasing rental fleet availability coming too.
The article says the rental car center will be completed by the end of the year and the public parking will regain 1,000 parking spots - I can state parking is currently not a problem. I see nothing or I missed on it on increasing the rental fleet.

I fly thru HNL regularly - besides the construction at the parking garage, the article is misleading. Now if they said all the restaurants will all ramp back up, that would be news.

I doubt a big bump will happen for Hawaii resident interisland travel - I'm in no hurry to pay $800 night for overpriced rooms on Maui or Kauai. They are accepting lower occupancy for inflated room rates.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:42 PM

21,771 posts, read 16,420,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The article says the rental car center will be completed by the end of the year and the public parking will regain 1,000 parking spots - I can state parking is currently not a problem. I see nothing or I missed on it on increasing the rental fleet.

I fly thru HNL regularly - besides the construction at the parking garage, the article is misleading. Now if they said all the restaurants will all ramp back up, that would be news.

I doubt a big bump will happen for Hawaii resident interisland travel - I'm in no hurry to pay $800 night for overpriced rooms on Maui or Kauai. They are accepting lower occupancy for inflated room rates.
By rental fleet availability I was referring to access efficiency at expanded facilities ... not more cars ... but now I see what you mean: the increased space helps public parking access.

I did get impression that the traveler venues for food are being ramped up.

And right, inter-island isn’t bumping up for locals ... just seems like the tourism planning is being re established.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:50 AM

10,584 posts, read 7,812,749 times
Quote:

I fly thru HNL regularly - besides the construction at the parking garage, the article is misleading. Now if they said all the restaurants will all ramp back up, that would be news...
I was there less than two weeks ago. Main airport body is still Deadsville. Interisland area has picked up a bit.

C concourse is where all the people are since mainland arrivals are being funneled through there for screening, with returning flights to mainland naturally departing from there too.

Old 05-02-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

C concourse is where all the people are since mainland arrivals are being funneled through there for screening, with returning flights to mainland naturally departing from there too.
I fly United - one thing I like about them is you can get prescreened with a wristband at their hubs and skip any screening at HNL

Old 05-03-2021, 07:51 AM

10,584 posts, read 7,812,749 times
Quote:
I fly United - one thing I like about them is you can get prescreened with a wristband at their hubs and skip any screening at HNL

That is a nice service.

Josh Green, speaking about anticipated changes allowing vaccinated travelers to skip testing in the future:

"..Tourism is already at 65% of normal levels in Hawaii, he said, and they're gearing up for even more travel during the peak summer season..."

Old 05-03-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

Josh Green, speaking about anticipated changes allowing vaccinated travelers to skip testing in the future:

"..Tourism is already at 65% of normal levels in Hawaii, he said, and they're gearing up for even more travel during the peak summer season..."
Yep, the April numbers are in, roughly 2/3 of tourists from April 2019.

There will be immense pressure soon to lift the safe travels program (I think as soon next month) once it is clear anyone in Hawaii who wants a vaccine can get a vaccine. At my second Pfizer shot Monday, Castle hospital was taking walk-ins and encouraging people in line to call friends to come for a shot.

On the other hand you never know with this administration, but no need to punish everyone who did get vaccinated over those who refuse the shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii