Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM

242 posts, read 1,187,121 times

Advertisements

What is the difference, the NEW WORLD ORDER is coming under Obama, and no one will own any land anymore. New world order, working good look what the Rockefellers and Rothschilds have done with their FEDERAL RSERVE BANKING SYSTEM, they own everything now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
If you start a legal battle with the illegal overthrow, then any decision the court will make will affect the entire state so getting that decision in your favor would be almost impossible.
Yes, the decision... well, the decision in the state court was not to sell ceded lands.. the Gov. no like that answer so she appeals it to another court to get another answer...

to get a favorable decsion is nearly impossible in a western court system. they do admit to the over throw, thus the apology?? right.....

so now that you did something wrong aint you pose to make it Pono.. "right"?? its one thing, That I ran into you with my car its another to steal the livelihood, culture, Nation for that matters. I can say I am sorry for running into you, but your car all totall now... "sorry"

In a Western court Hard very hard..... the rules there don't see making what, some greedy business men along with the help of the United States, Imprisoning A queen and stealing the monarchy WRONG. then we wont win.

In an international court.. now that a different story... Hawaii still upholds many treaties with many nations across the world. So that means If you got a treaty, you gots to have a nation. Ah, yes. Hawaii does have a nation the Nation Of Hawaii has never signed its self or its right over to the US.

The United States IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT SYSTEM. So to get an unbiased decision.. would be hard... real hard.

Iraq.. what went on in Iraq?? a nation, culture and people were decimated. we can go on an on as to who what when where and why. Now if everything the US did there was all Kosher... why would he try to pardon himself?? I mean if you are a president and you get out of office.. why would you need a pardon??

Last edited by 7th generation; 02-25-2009 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: links to blogs are not allowed

Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 PM

thanks, Sweet.... just all the work on a ceded land cases will be a wash if washington decides the state of hawaii can sell ceded lands.. To first sell something you must own it??

I am not shure just how the Gov/state got title.

If the state can make a claim to ceded land... that means the can sell Hawaiian home lands.

Last edited by 7th generation; 02-25-2009 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 PM

Hawaii argues over land dispute at Supreme Court
http://portal.gci.net/news/read.php?...&cps=0&lang=en

Last edited by 7th generation; 02-25-2009 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: don't post copy right material. supply a link please

Old 02-25-2009, 07:10 PM

So..... Sweet... thanks, I was able to locate the kauai blog.... I poosted the link about it talks about todays case. >>>

Some legal analysts say a ruling against the state of Hawaii could set a precedent for other native populations to make claims to lands they once inhabited. A decision in the case is not expected until June.

here is a link.... not sure if you are at all interested

The Background of the Native Hawaiian "Ceded" Lands Case

Backgound and History of the "Ceded" Lands Case | Help Protect Hawaii's "Ceded" Lands | Kupu'āina Coalition

Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
What they going to build? Something like section 8 housing?
Hey MadRussian.... I read the link and am puzzled to some extent..... in the link it says....

OHA will pay $3 million a year for the next 30 years. The money will cover payments on $40 million in revenue bonds used to build new homes.

OHA and DHHL are to get moneys from the ceded land revenues from the state. I am wondering why they got to float bonds?? the state owes allot of money already.. and have not been paying.

the homes they build are for the most part on ceded lands and a built for native hawaiians...

this was all setup when Hawaii was illegally over thrown.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Hawaii argues over land dispute at Supreme Court
GCI.net - News

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - x
HAWAII, ET AL., :
Petitioners :
v. : No. 07-1372
OFFICE OF HAWAIIAN :
AFFAIRS, ET AL. :
- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.inversecondemnation.com/files/07-1372.pdf

Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Aloha,

I always have hope that maybe this time they will finally change and do the pono thing. But then i forget that everthing is about money and money being most of what the haoles worship as god. This is why it will never change, majority of them have no breath, this is why they can't get past money to realise that ppl, culture and land are the breath that keeps the nativesprit alive. We are interconnected and are one with above.

Whats happening now is no different then what happened to native american indians lands etc. Even with treaties. When is the cycle going to change? I cry for everything that is lost. Even if we won and the states does what they did to native americans or returns Hawai'i back to the Kanaka Moali? How do you comp for an almost lost culture, language, land, ppls?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Whats happening now is no different then what happened to native american indians lands etc.
Look back through history and try to find an innocent race of people anywhere.

Last edited by McFrostyJ; 07-02-2013 at 05:57 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Look back through history and try to find an innocent race of people anywhere.
Im not sure if you meant that as everyone has taken land from everyone? Or if its to rationalize that everyone has wrong someone so thats ok? Much like when the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom, The reasoning was Hawai'i was better off being under the control of the U.S. When really it was about money. I think ppl forget that the Hawaiian Kingdom was more advanced in areas that the Mainland wasn't when they were seized.

Sorry off subject but u don't hear the above in most history books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii