Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times

Advertisements

i actually just had to deal with a ver similar issue...
was schedualed to get my deppo shot at the gyno...
its done by a nurse, the one i get comes with the needle, and everything, all the nurse has to do is pit gloves on, fill the syrnge and jab me...

i lost my insurance and the gynological office tells me that they would need a $500 security deposit to give me my shot...thats not even to see the dr, thats just to hand the nurse a box (which would cost me $60 at walmart pharmacy already) and have her fill the syrnge, put gloves on and stick me with the needle, something theyve been doing for me for the past 2 yrs...

worst was to find out that the actual apointment would be $250...
$250 for a literally 10 minute apointment, the medical waste fee is $25.00 that means that office is getting $225 for a 10 min apointment, how much of that is the nurses wage. that doesnt include the cost of the medicine itself...

after my apointment they would give me the remainding $250 of the seposit back, but if for some reason i coudlnt make it, id loose the $500...*blink blink*

i said screw it and whent to planned parenthood $65 for the shot and nurses visit all in one...
they were wonderfull to me, especially given the fight my origional gyno gave us about getting the date of my last shot...they wanted an additional $30 to fax a copy of my last deppo reccord to planned parenthood...$30 for someone to grab my file, take out 1 sheet of paper, put it on a fax machine and dial a number...

makes you wonder...

i dont expect anything for free, but when you work hard and still cant afford health insurance and then have to deal with that kind of bull...its ridiculous...$30 to send a fax, my fat butt! planned paernethood worked realy hard and we got them to fax it over at no charge.

if you havent yet found a solution definatly, i know its not the most glamourous choice but planned parenthood have been wonderfull to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
i actually just had to deal with a ver similar issue...
was schedualed to get my deppo shot at the gyno...
its done by a nurse, the one i get comes with the needle, and everything, all the nurse has to do is pit gloves on, fill the syrnge and jab me...

i lost my insurance and the gynological office tells me that they would need a $500 security deposit to give me my shot...thats not even to see the dr, thats just to hand the nurse a box (which would cost me $60 at walmart pharmacy already) and have her fill the syrnge, put gloves on and stick me with the needle, something theyve been doing for me for the past 2 yrs...

worst was to find out that the actual apointment would be $250...
$250 for a literally 10 minute apointment, the medical waste fee is $25.00 that means that office is getting $225 for a 10 min apointment, how much of that is the nurses wage. that doesnt include the cost of the medicine itself...

after my apointment they would give me the remainding $250 of the seposit back, but if for some reason i coudlnt make it, id loose the $500...*blink blink*

i said screw it and whent to planned parenthood $65 for the shot and nurses visit all in one...
they were wonderfull to me, especially given the fight my origional gyno gave us about getting the date of my last shot...they wanted an additional $30 to fax a copy of my last deppo reccord to planned parenthood...$30 for someone to grab my file, take out 1 sheet of paper, put it on a fax machine and dial a number...

makes you wonder...

i dont expect anything for free, but when you work hard and still cant afford health insurance and then have to deal with that kind of bull...its ridiculous...$30 to send a fax, my fat butt! planned paernethood worked realy hard and we got them to fax it over at no charge.

if you havent yet found a solution definatly, i know its not the most glamourous choice but planned parenthood have been wonderfull to me!
Why can't you use a box of rubbers for $12?

busta

Old 01-28-2011, 11:53 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know if there's been a thread about this, I'm really pissed off. I've been going to my ob/gyn for a few years and now that I don't have insurance anymore they won't see me at all. I searched online and I guess this is not uncommon? But I want to know if any of you experienced the same thing recently. I don't want to go to the health dept, I thought if I had my own doctor that was my doctor and they wouldn't kick me out!

Same thing happened to me with my former gyno doc. I had been seeing him for many years and he delivered my daughter. I had full trust in him and his partner. Then, my husband left his job and no more insurance.

I had a gyno medical issue and had to go to the ER. His partner saw me. I never got a bill from them until I called his office and told them I needed a bill. It took me a good 4 months to get a bill after many calls. When I got the bill, I realized I couldn't pay it in full & requested a payment plan. The woman in his billing department was soooo nasty and rude and screamed at me on the phone! I then just send in $10/month until it was paid in full (even though I could have paid more and could have paid it off several times. The way that woman acted made me just continue on the $10/mo thing).

Anyway, I needed to see a gyno doc and called him several times to see if we could work something out with possibly a discounted rate or a payment plan (a real one, not $10/mo). He never bothered responding, even when I sent him a certified/return receipt letter.

Well, I finally got insurance again and, even though he takes my plan, there is no way, no how I would ever go back to his office. I found another gyno that I'm happy with and would never recommend my former gyno to anyone.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:57 AM

440 posts, read 1,691,615 times
Not really that cheap.. Come on ..any additional care was more money.. plus they have no Doctors available in the part of Nova Scotia I was living in.. You had to go to the emergency room.. And the citizens there,,God forgive you have a lump on your breast and require a mammogram.. sometimes it takes over a year to schedule one.. Plus 13% tax on everything there including postage stamps.. My God a turkey was over 40.00.. and forget the booze.. for cheap vodka it was 56.00 a bottle and beer was over 30.00.... Canada IS VERY EXPENSIVE!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
NJ, Planned Parenthood will see you on a sliding scale.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:02 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Why can't you use a box of rubbers for $12?

busta
because i dont use the deppo as birth control, i havent had sex in while...
i used BC to help control my PCOS and regulate my menstration...
you try bleeding a couple gallons for 18 days straight, stopping for 2-3 days and then bleeding gallons for another 2 weeks again with clots the size of quarters and cramping pain thats so debilitating (from cycsts) that you have to be bed ridden on a morphine pump half the time...

yup yup...fun times!
been on birth control since i was 10...
didnt loose my virginity unitll i was 19...

side note, good latex free cost a little more than that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance