Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,121,615 times

Advertisements

I was standing in line at pharmacy yesterday and an old lady was talking to the pharmacy and she was asking the pharmacist if Obamacare was going to effect her medicare and her elderly daughters medicaid ? and the pharmacist responded "Oh you betcha it is " . Medicare and Medicaid will be cut and where those cuts will be is anyones guess " . Now Im worried for all the seniors and dissabled people . i am a dissabled person through no fault of my own mind you . It was a horrible accident and I dont care to talk about it at all so before everyone starts jumping on me saying Im a bum and other nasty names I have been called because of being on medicaid and medicaid workers are infamous for calling people deadbeats .Yes I had worked since I was 16 yrs of age until about two years ago .Ah the looks I get in the pharmacy when I say they are covered by medicaid . Well anyways now im scared about how long I will have medicaid , or how much they will cover , they dont cover much now as it is . So if any one of you has any real advice about obama care and what it is going to do please comment .

Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,722,365 times
The Affordable Care Act expands Medicaid coverage to millions of low-income Americans and makes numerous improvements to both Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). So that pharmacist is a political hack just spewing nonsense to foster fear, uncertainty and doubt among seniors, probably because he thinks it'll help his own account balance.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:02 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,303,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
... Well anyways now im scared about how long I will have medicaid , or how much they will cover , they dont cover much now as it is . So if any one of you has any real advice about obama care and what it is going to do please comment .
I think you'll keep your coverage, but

your coverage may not be what it has been previously.

Here are some links to research. It is true however that almost no one, individuals or business owners, are really sure of what is coming down the pike as far as this confusing law has in store.

Betsy McCaughey: Obamacare Could Cost 35,000 Elderly Patients Their Lives Every Year

Obamacare.net - The Truths, Myths and Lies Revealed - Be Informed - Stay Informed - The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)

This law is over two thousand pages, with twenty thousand more pages of regulations. Many are scared, and rightly so.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 AM
bUU

Obamacare Will Save Millions of American Lives

How the Affordable Care Act Saves Lives | The Nation

How Obamacare saved my life | Boomer with Attitude | Creative Loafing Charlotte

Yes we all have links explaining clearly how ACA will do what we say it will do, not what the other guy says it will do.

You don't like ACA. It doesn't give you what you want for yourself. Fine. Message received. Stop ignoring what it offers those less fortunate in general.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM

419 posts, read 657,089 times
The idea that the Pharmacist is a hack is why people are so surprised when s..t happens. If you don't think you and everyone else will be affected by this ridiculous health bill - well go back to the sand where your head is.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 AM
bUU

No one said that the law won't have affect. It would be pretty stupid to pass a law that wouldn't have any affect.

A pharmacist proclaiming doom and gloom is a political hack just spewing nonsense to foster fear, uncertainty and doubt among seniors, probably because he thinks it'll help his own account balance. The reality is that ACA will have substantial positive impact on many, especially among those struggling the most. The pharmacist can choose to sip the wack-o right-wing Kool-Aid if the pharmacist chooses to, but it is shameful to spread such nonsense to seniors.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM

419 posts, read 657,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No one said that the law won't have affect. It would be pretty stupid to pass a law that wouldn't have any affect.

A pharmacist proclaiming doom and gloom is a political hack just spewing nonsense to foster fear, uncertainty and doubt among seniors, probably because he thinks it'll help his own account balance. The reality is that ACA will have substantial positive impact on many, especially among those struggling the most. The pharmacist can choose to sip the wack-o right-wing Kool-Aid if the pharmacist chooses to, but it is shameful to spread such nonsense to seniors.
Ok. Let's see if you feel the same after a year or too. Cheers!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:22 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwretired View Post
We've had an affordable care act in force here for not only a "year or too[sic]" but for over six years already.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,303,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Stop ignoring what it offers those less fortunate in general.

I'm not ignoring anything. Everything I posted is true.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,030,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwretired View Post
I agree, and people are going to get sticker shock...There is absolutely NOTHING affordable about this, and no it has NOT kicked in yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance