Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 PM

53 posts, read 120,660 times

Advertisements

Currently we have Anthem BlueCross/BlueShield supplement and it pays everything, no copay, but it's expensive. We also get no prescription coverage, just a discount. So we were thinking of switching to UHC. We are in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 05:03 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,760,567 times
I can't tell you how it will work in FL. But my mom had U.H and it worked well for her.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can't tell you how it will work in FL. But my mom had U.H and it worked well for her.
Thanks Motley.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,374,586 times
I have it, and had it also when I was in Florida. It is quite expensive $255 mo. It had the most coverage at the time (J coverage, I believe). Glad I had gotten it, as about a year later I got cancer and racked up some really, really big bills. Spent over a month at MD Anderson Hospital, after my treatment. Can you say almost 1/2 million. Never had to pay a penny.

So I hold on to it, expensive or not. You know, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get."

Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,680,199 times
My hubby recently retired so I signed up with UHC Supplement F. Hubby, made the mistake of the HMO version and has problems trying to contact his primary and is now long over due for his allergy shots. He can't wait to switch to my F plan also as most HMOs benefit the doctors and hospitals for their production. In our area doctors get their bonus, based in part, on the number prescriptions they write.

I'm sure other poster from your area will chime in to give you better local information as my experience is in California.

Modhatter, take care.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrails6 View Post
Currently we have Anthem BlueCross/BlueShield supplement and it pays everything, no copay, but it's expensive. We also get no prescription coverage, just a discount. So we were thinking of switching to UHC. We are in Florida.
Assuming is bad so I'll ask you to clarify.
Mentioning prescriptions must mean you are talking about a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Plain supplements require a separate prescription plan.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,517,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrails6 View Post
Are you talking about a Medigap plan or a Medicare Advantage plan? We have UHC Medigap plan F - and like it a lot. Don't know anything about the Medicare Advantage plans. Robyn

Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,517,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
I have it, and had it also when I was in Florida. It is quite expensive $255 mo. It had the most coverage at the time (J coverage, I believe). Glad I had gotten it, as about a year later I got cancer and racked up some really, really big bills. Spent over a month at MD Anderson Hospital, after my treatment. Can you say almost 1/2 million. Never had to pay a penny.

So I hold on to it, expensive or not. You know, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get."
FWIW - Florida has 3 separate UHC price areas - south Florida - north Florida - and a small part of the Panhandle. South Florida is by far the most expensive - and costs about 42% more than north Florida (we're in north Florida and my husband pays about $175/month for Plan J). Robyn

Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Assuming is bad so I'll ask you to clarify.
Mentioning prescriptions must mean you are talking about a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Plain supplements require a separate prescription plan.
Yes, I know. I have a separate prescription plan and my husband has his built into his BC/BS plan, which they don't do anymore, but they only offer discounts on pres., don't pay for them.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Are you talking about a Medigap plan or a Medicare Advantage plan? We have UHC Medigap plan F - and like it a lot. Don't know anything about the Medicare Advantage plans. Robyn
Robyn, Beats me! We have the insurance supplement which covers completely whatever Medicare doesn't pay. We have no copays and no deductibles. I heard UHC has the same plan but we don't know the cost, but heard it was good. We are in Central Florida. Do you pay any out of pocket with UHC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance