Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/

I know nothing about this co. nor have I looked through the site yet, but in the meantime, does anyone here use them for their benefits and if so, how do you like them? Any pros and/or cons? Any other info would be appreciated as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 10:52 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,088,896 times
They are a portal, a consolidator for a lot of different companies and services. If you know what you want they are a convenient way to buy insurance products and not have to deal with an agent. Don't expect the same level of service or counseling that a live agent can provide.

An example of the benefit of using ehealthinsurance is buying a temporary policy, say for 30 days. You can log on and get coverage in less than fifteen minutes.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:38 PM

I see, thanks a lot!

For next year, I'll make too much to get state aid, so I'll need to find a way to get some kind of insurance by then.

Anyone else have experience w/ this co.?

Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
If you are happy with the insurer you have now, contact them directly and purchase a plan from them directly. You don't need a broker to purchase non marketplace plans, all of the insurers have a direct enrollment system in place.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
If you are happy with the insurer you have now, contact them directly and purchase a plan from them directly. You don't need a broker to purchase non marketplace plans, all of the insurers have a direct enrollment system in place.
Good to know, thanks! And would it probably be cheaper since I'm eliminating the middleman?

Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Good to know, thanks! And would it probably be cheaper since I'm eliminating the middleman?
For me it was a bit cheaper because the broker wanted $300 to fill out forms that the insurance company allowed me to do on line.
If you have no idea how health insurance works, a broker can be helpful. If you know what you want, just go through the insurer.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:18 AM

Thanks again. Anyone else?

Old 06-03-2018, 02:38 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
I was wondering about them too for my older son who just turned 26 and is now off my insurance. Wasn't sure if they were legit or some sort of scam.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:47 AM

jet757f, they're legit for sure because an employer suggested them to me IF I needed insurance that they couldn't provide since I wanted to work part-time & not full-time. They even said they're cheaper than the deductions they'd be taking from my paycheck. But, I'm sure no matter what hours you work, this company can provide something.

I still haven't looked into their website in depth yet because I still have med coverage for at least another year here, but they're LEGIT.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:01 AM

550 posts, read 365,543 times
You did not say what state you live in, but your state likely similar Virginia where I live has a government agency that licenses and regulates businesses in the state doing medical, dental, and vision insurance. Do an Advanced Google search, all of the words - medical (or dental or vision) insurance list (followed by your state's name), only .gov domains, and then select the search by file type .PDF documents (most common) or Word documents. I did this in the last week looking for individual dental insurance, and then went through the list in the PDF file website by website of the individual companies listed to see which ones meeting individual needs (life experiences have taught me not just for insurance to go direct than a 3rd part broker especially helpful if something goes wrong). Note not all insurance carriers listed will provide insurance for all counties or cities in a state, so another reason to go to the individual websites by putting in your zip code. Coming from such a government agency gives you a higher confidence level the insurance companies are legit, not to say none will have any lesser bad business practices (can do a Google search of any common individual user complaints of any particular company. For Virginia, the list is very good listing whether the companies are on or off the healthcare marketplace. For anyone this is helpful, the links to the Virginia ones for 2018 are:

https://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pubs/hbp_indv18.pdf (medical)
https://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pubs/dent_indv18.pdf (dental)
https://www.scc.virginia.gov/boi/pubs/vision_ig18.pdf (vision)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance