Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times

Advertisements

After Medical Marijuana Legalized, Medicare Prescriptions Drop For Many Drugs : Shots - Health News : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 10:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
Interesting...
... So, eventually insurance might cover marijuana as a drug for use in some medical conditions? Wonder if this will cause an influx of people to those places where insurance will cover it. Say, for arthritis? If Florida insurance companies will cover pot for my arthritis, maybe I should move there from AZ. But then, the humidity in FL would make my arthritis alot worse. And then I would become a "pothead" !!

Old 07-18-2016, 01:01 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,961 times
Default Then you'd have a choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Interesting...
... So, eventually insurance might cover marijuana as a drug for use in some medical conditions? Wonder if this will cause an influx of people to those places where insurance will cover it. Say, for arthritis? If Florida insurance companies will cover pot for my arthritis, maybe I should move there from AZ. But then, the humidity in FL would make my arthritis alot worse. And then I would become a "pothead" !!

Right now your government has decided you are not responsible enough to make your own choices about what to put in your body.

If it were legal and covered by insurance, just like all the toxic stuff Big Pharma puts out, you could at least make your own choice.

Hint: if you have to choose between the pain and immobility that arthritis can cause, OR becoming, as you say, "a pot head", choose pothead. In states where it is legal you will be called a patient, because you are, and you will get some relief from the pain and immobility without criminal penalty.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 2,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Interesting...
if you think about it, a lot of pain meds can make you feel like a "pothead" also and they have side effects. At least with marijuana, it's all natural

Old 08-05-2016, 11:37 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot247 View Post
if you think about it, a lot of pain meds can make you feel like a "pothead" also and they have deadly side effects. At least with marijuana, it's all natural
You forgot a word!

My late husband was in pain taking Hydrocodene for years. He was diagnosed with a massive tumor on his kidney that I highly suspect was a side effect of the pain pills he took. He also took Ibuprofen like it was going out of style, regardless of the warnings of late. We must be careful taking any OTC or prescribed medications or your loved ones may find themselves living the life I am now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance