Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:35 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,139 times

Advertisements

I will be a TRS retiree in the future and this is depressing to me. I read about it in our TRS newsletter although I am still employed. I can only say if your husband was a VP then he probably banked a lot of money and you should be in waaaay better shape than many people in the same boat.

Maybe you could enclose a letter in the info you have to submit and tell what you told us about this odd gap and the inability to get a letter. Maybe call an insurance agent from just any company and ask for advice? They have better ideas of the rules.

[quote=loves2read;50215564]No my insurance through my employer stopped when I retired--
As a retired member--even at 55--I was entitled to apply and receive the retirees' insurance coverage through my state's teacher retirement program. And I did take it out then for myself as primary and my husband was on my policy for his secondary...
His policy was my secondary---
His insurance was free at that time--he was VP in the company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 12:50 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I have had a friend who works with TRTA and lobbies the legislature and another TRTA guy both call Katrina Daniels re TRSCare's inability to provide correct n timely documentation.
She had a young woman call me last wk who tried to tell me my problem was related to Medicare's deadline on Dec7 for people IN Part D or supplemental programs to change
That has NOTHING to do with anyone trying to leave TRSCare

Supposedly 7500 retirees w/Medicare A/B elected to withdraw and I imagine they all got horrible service
The state has not contributed its fair share but I guess they are only ones to hold TRS accountable

I earned the right to retire with TRS and paid what they asked for my health plan
We are lucky we were able to affort the Tier3 level but just because my husband was successful in his profession doesnt give TRS Care the right to treat any member like crap
This was an ill-conceived plan and designed to make people just throw up their hands and stay in TRS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance