Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 06:30 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times

Advertisements

A week ago I had body aches,bad ones.It lasted 3 days, bad enough for me to go see my doctor. My doctor tested me for the flu,it was negative then said I must have a virus.

The body aches went away and 2 days later I started having terrible cramps. My period just ended and I never get cramps anymore these days anyway and since my period was over I thought maybe I ate something bad. I took a tyelnol and went to bed. The next day I had some cramps but not enough to bother me so I went shopping. That night the cramps were terrible and my legs hurt and I had a fever of 102. Went to the ER. They took blood and said I had an infection. My BP was elevated and pulse was 120. I was in so much pain they gave me 2 tylenol for fever, toradol, ativan and then diulud for pain. Sent me home.

The next morning I woke up with a rash that covered my whole right thigh, Went to my doctor and she said must be MRSA and gave me Bactrim 2 x day.

The rash is getting better but I still have bad cramps. I asked her if it was possible what caused the cramps may have caused the skin infection. She said no. She I could get a 2nd opinion or if i wanted she could order a scan but she felt I didn'tr eally need one.

I am still cramping and haven't eaten much in 5 days. Does something not seem right? I do feel the infection in my thigh is connected to my cramps. I do not believe it's a skin infection caused from scratch like she said, because the rash started after I had the worst cramps in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 06:52 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
A week ago I had body aches,bad ones.It lasted 3 days, bad enough for me to go see my doctor. My doctor tested me for the flu,it was negative then said I must have a virus.

The body aches went away and 2 days later I started having terrible cramps. My period just ended and I never get cramps anymore these days anyway and since my period was over I thought maybe I ate something bad. I took a tyelnol and went to bed. The next day I had some cramps but not enough to bother me so I went shopping. That night the cramps were terrible and my legs hurt and I had a fever of 102. Went to the ER. They took blood and said I had an infection. My BP was elevated and pulse was 120. I was in so much pain they gave me 2 tylenol for fever, toradol, ativan and then diulud for pain. Sent me home.

The next morning I woke up with a rash that covered my whole right thigh, Went to my doctor and she said must be MRSA and gave me Bactrim 2 x day.

The rash is getting better but I still have bad cramps. I asked her if it was possible what caused the cramps may have caused the skin infection. She said no. She I could get a 2nd opinion or if i wanted she could order a scan but she felt I didn'tr eally need one.

I am still cramping and haven't eaten much in 5 days. Does something not seem right? I do feel the infection in my thigh is connected to my cramps. I do not believe it's a skin infection caused from scratch like she said, because the rash started after I had the worst cramps in my life.
I had the MRSA rash back in November; I still have the marks on my body; they've been very slow healing. The Bactrim didn't do much; I used peroxide on a makeup square. I spoke to my daughters nurse practitioner; she has a patient that uses bleach on them.

In January; I also had the weird symptoms like you. The body pain was horrible. It never hit me that maybe it was MRSA in my body until I was at my pain management appointment. I was too weak to get to my family Dr; it ended up coming back slightly in February; but I've been ok for the last few weeks.

There is another virus going around; my son had it 2 weeks ago. I don't know if I had that or if mine was related to the MRSA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness