Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times

Advertisements

People who don't eat breakfast because they're to busy in the morning to eat anything at all except maybe a poptart or end up getting a McMuffin and coffee or donuts and mocha latte.. I can see that so long as they eat a good lunch... but typically I think people eat whatever is quick and then in the evening when they're home, they eat so much, sometimes right before people go to bed they have their biggest meal and as they sleep they digest it instead of digesting while your active during the day.

So I don't think people should have their biggest meal "Supper" late in the evening.. I'm not going anywhere with this except I wish people could have a nice big breakfast so we're not sluggish all day or complaining and tapping our foot waiting for lunch time to come around and then dinner complain "I need a vacation" everyday..

I just woke up and someone asked me to help them clean... I haven't even ate breakfast yet. Why do u want to start working hard without even eating something in the morning? And no a bowl a cereal doesn't suffice as breakfast. Whatever happend to the jar of orange juice, the plate of toast and eggs next to that bowl of cereal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I'm not a breakfast eater by nature (and, in fact, if I put something in my stomach first thing in the morning, without being up and moving for a while, I feel rather nauseous...I have to be up and moving for at least a half hour to 45 min. before I can eat. But I have trained myself to eat something in the morning, because I need the energy pre-lunch to teach. I can't do a big breakfast, it makes me sluggish. Something simple, but nutrient-rich is my best bet. I'll scramble a couple of eggs, or maybe a cheese stick and some fruit, or a hard boiled egg, or a couple of packets of oatmeal, or a cup of yogurt. I've never been a "bowl of cereal, buttered toast, eggs, bacon, juice, and coffee" type girl.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
I don't care if it is just a small yoguart and a little fruit, everyone should have something early in the morning. Now, for me, it is usually a big breakfast.

NIta

Old 06-25-2011, 01:07 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm not a breakfast eater by nature (and, in fact, if I put something in my stomach first thing in the morning, without being up and moving for a while, I feel rather nauseous...I have to be up and moving for at least a half hour to 45 min. before I can eat. But I have trained myself to eat something in the morning, because I need the energy pre-lunch to teach. I can't do a big breakfast, it makes me sluggish. Something simple, but nutrient-rich is my best bet. I'll scramble a couple of eggs, or maybe a cheese stick and some fruit, or a hard boiled egg, or a couple of packets of oatmeal, or a cup of yogurt. I've never been a "bowl of cereal, buttered toast, eggs, bacon, juice, and coffee" type girl.
I know that feeling when u wake up very early and have no appetite. I think maybe its because u eat plenty before u go to bed, because lately I'm very hungry when I wake up. I don't eat enough. If u ate most of ur food during lunch, I bet u would have more appetite. U probably wake up quite early. When I wake up late I'm usually ready to have dinner and don't even want breakfast foods but something more heavy.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:06 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,287,508 times
There was a time when I ate very little in the mornings for breakfast, but as I grew older that changed and now breakfast is often my biggest and best meal of the day. Dinner has become my smallest meal.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I know that feeling when u wake up very early and have no appetite. I think maybe its because u eat plenty before u go to bed, because lately I'm very hungry when I wake up. I don't eat enough. If u ate most of ur food during lunch, I bet u would have more appetite. U probably wake up quite early. When I wake up late I'm usually ready to have dinner and don't even want breakfast foods but something more heavy.
No, I don't do large evening meals, typically. I just am not in the habit of eating a huge breakfast, and your body adjusts according to your habits. It's not a matter of not being hungry, it's a matter of having a sensitive stomach...I just get queasy jamming my stomach full 1st thing in the a.m. Something small but nutrient-rich is perfect.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I always have breakfast.

I have coffee when I first wake up and do my morning routine. Breakfast is usually fruit, yogurt and cereal. I could not make it through a work day without having had breakfast.

I do think it is probably healthier to have a big midday meal and a smaller supper, but that's not what I do. Lunch is a sandwich and dinner is more substantial.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I always have breakfast.

I have coffee when I first wake up and do my morning routine. Breakfast is usually fruit, yogurt and cereal. I could not make it through a work day without having had breakfast.

I do think it is probably healthier to have a big midday meal and a smaller supper, but that's not what I do. Lunch is a sandwich and dinner is more substantial.
Petty much how we do things as well. Yes, we have been told that eating a big lunch and a small dinner is healthier but who wants to fall asleep at 1 or 2pm?

Nita

Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
I used to never eat breakfast. This year I started eating full breakfasts... often consisting of and egg, meat, and starch... sometimes fresh belgium waffles, pancakes or french toast. Full breakfast is the way to go.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
I often can't eat until I've been up a while, but once that is passed, I prefer to eat mostly protein for breakfast. Anything with too many carbs makes me sleepy.

By contrast, I like to eat a bowl of cereal before I go to bed - the carbs help me fall asleep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness