Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,070,568 times

Advertisements

I am 30 and my asthma hardly acts up anymore, but almost every year in the fall, it's terrible. I'm puffing on my inhaler every couple of hourse. Does anyone else experience this this time of year? It's especially bad this year, and I had the flu a little over a week ago. I doubt that has much to do with it, otherwise it would have acted up when I had it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM

566 posts, read 1,111,850 times
Could it be mold spores? Inside/outside all over the place. With cooler temps, it seems the rain leaves everything damp for too long. Diet? I read this in a blog: Why Does It Work? I think there are at least five reasons why the paleolithic diet is effective against asthma: The diet improves the Omega-3/Omega-6 ratio, which is effective against inflammatory conditions. The diet is high in vitamin D. Vitamin D levels are inversely correlated with asthma symptoms. The diet is low in lectins, gluten, and casein a1, all of which which are associated with “leaky gut syndrome.” Whole, undigested proteins (as opposed to amino acids) directly entering your bloodstream via your intestines can trick your immune system into attacking its own tissues (resulting in chronic inflammation). The diet is relatively low in carbohydrates, which helps keep plasma serotonin levels from getting too high (which can trigger bronchoconstriction). The diet is very high in phytonutrients, many of which have anti-inflammatory effects. Asthma is primarily an allergic disease — the immune system reacts with inflammation and airway constriction to factors in the environment (pollen, bacteria, viruses, molds, proteins) that it has become sensitized to. The paleo diet has the effect of making the immune system less “twitchy” — less prone to autoimmunity and inflammation. How I Cured My Asthma With One Simple Lifestyle Change | J.D. Moyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness