Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 19,605 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: off topic-ive always had pinky, purple rings/circles around my eyes that won’t seem to go away. People constantly ask me if I am tired.
Any suggestions?
And would maybe get tanner help?
I am not sure if this thread will get popular or not but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply back with any suggestions.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 12-15-2007 at 04:07 AM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times
Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Old 12-14-2007, 11:53 AM

132 posts, read 537,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina_d2d View Post
Hey I’m new here and recently joined because of an urgent subject.
-ive always had pinky, purple rings/circles around my eyes that won’t seem to go away. People constantly ask me if I am tired.
Any suggestions?
And would maybe get tanner help?
I am not sure if this thread will get popular or not but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply back with any suggestions.

Tell us a little about your lifestyle.

1) How is your sleeping pattern?
2) Diet?
3) Exercise?
4) Stress levels?
5) Are you taking any medication?

You can try every remedy in the basket, but until you take care of the above underlying issues, it might be difficult for you.

Angel

Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
I think dark circles may be hereditary, but also a contributing factor is sun exposure. There are some great products that can help reduce them, but I would make sure your wearing sunscreen on a daily basis. Jeannie

Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I have very pale skin, so have undereye issues, especially if I am tired or dehydrataed. I have tried several products for this without success. The ones I tried were pretty steep price-wise. so I gave up- it was too expensive with no payoff.

If you have circles dark enough that people comment on it, I've heard that it could be allergies, even if you don't have any of the conventional symptoms.

Jane Iredale Amazing Base is good as a concealer, if used with a soft brush- make a slurry of it with water and dab it on. When it dries, go over it gently with a power puff or sponge. I've tried her real concealers, as well as others, and they are too heavy for me. Amazing Base is mineral makeup, but different from the two other kinds that I have tried. I really like it, but it's important to remember that less is more when applying. Amazing Base has a natural SPF of 20, as well.

Years ago I remember when we all used Preparation 8...but I think the formula has been changed.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
I have had dark circles since I can remember. I get plenty of sleep, no allergies, eat right, exercise, take vitamins, etc., but they NEVER go away. I do believe they are hereditary, unfortunately, as several members of my family have them as well. I haven't bothered with any of the creams because I figure if they actually worked no one would have dark circles, just as no one would have cellulite IMHO. I did hear about some surgical procedures involving fat injections as some dark circles are supposed to be due to thin skin, but that seems a bit extreme to me. So, as it seems I am stuck with them, I am also on the look out for a good cream concealer that won't cake. Sorry I don't have the solution and wish I did, just wanted you to know you aren't alone in the frustration! Good Luck!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:29 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
One of my daughters has those "coon eyes" so does her father, but not nearly as bad as the daughters..She does have allergies, especially ones that affect her sinuses, also has congestive heart failure..Some drs says it is her health, others say it is just hereditary..She had the dark circles almost her whole life..Sometimes they are so dark it looks almost like coal smudges..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness