Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 06:13 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,429,452 times

Advertisements

Hey fellow CD'ers. Im curious to see if anyone else has this problem. Whenever I get insufficient (like less than half of normal hours) of sleep I get wicked nausea for the entire day until I sleep it off overnight. Does anyone else have this issue? It used to really affect me when I worked overnight shifts back in my earlier working career, by the end of the shift Id have to run into the bathroom and vomit. My face would be white like a ghost. I just started grad school this semester and that on top of working 50+ hours a week is killing my sleep schedule.

Im also a worrier which causes me to lose sleep. Not a good combo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 10:58 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,760,101 times
I know someone who gets nausea because of anxiety.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:19 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,536,057 times
I actually get this. It doesn't affect me for the entire day but at least for the morning.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:42 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,255,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Hey fellow CD'ers. Im curious to see if anyone else has this problem. Whenever I get insufficient (like less than half of normal hours) of sleep I get wicked nausea for the entire day until I sleep it off overnight. Does anyone else have this issue? It used to really affect me when I worked overnight shifts back in my earlier working career, by the end of the shift Id have to run into the bathroom and vomit. My face would be white like a ghost. I just started grad school this semester and that on top of working 50+ hours a week is killing my sleep schedule.

Mild nausea when total sleep was 0-2 hours.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:34 PM

17 posts, read 20,525 times
I feel nauseated too when I can't sleep for more than 4 hours a day for 3-4 consecutive days. I feel fine in the morning when I don't get enough sleep for one night but it's totally different when I'm doing it consecutively. I feel dizzy but thankfully, I don't vomit.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post

no sleep increases stress levels of the body.

vomiting may be your body's way of responding to stress.

my bones get extremely stiff and I get headaches as such when I don't get enough sleep.
you your body definitely gets sick much more easily without sleep

your eyes also turn more bloody red over time and your eyes would hurt and become sensitive.

therefore the idiot employers that tell us no sleep is fine or ok = bad employers and run not walk away from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness