Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:50 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times

Advertisements

Can this really be? Wouldn't McDonalds have exceptional health practices? Yet, I know that is what I have.

Yesterday I was shopping, stopped for a Big Mac with fries and a diet coke. About 2 hours later I was strolling through Walmart when I dropped the shopping cart and ran to the restroom. I sat in the handicapped stall for 20 minutes, thinking I was going to throw up, faint, or die with terrible terrible diarrhea that made me weak and dizzy. I was hot so I took off my shirt, and tried not to vomit since I hate doing that. Finally, after the awful pain and cramps subsided a little, I raced out of there, to my car and back home. I have never ever felt that bad.

Last night the cramps continued and I got little sleep. Am thinking I should have reported this to someone, but who would believe me? McDonald's?? Come on.....

Last edited by AZgarden; 11-21-2014 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: No Title shows up? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 09:53 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Food poisoning Definition - Diseases and Conditions - Mayo Clinic

Read this and see if it pertains to your symptoms.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:03 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Sure, it can happen anywhere...it did with a hamburger from
Wendy's to a friend yrs ago.
Just takes one person to not wash their hands,
drop something on a floor where their shoes tracked in ecoli,
boss wasn't around...who knows!

Of course she never told the health dept...you have to, so they can observe possible refrigeration issues...it could be anything.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:18 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,287,094 times
Did you use the pen at the cash register to sign your name? Maybe you got germs from doing that?

(Sorry I could not resist - I am joking of course. )

Old 11-21-2014, 12:50 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
It happened to me at McDonalds before. All I got was a strawberry sundae, but there was some sort of chemical mixed into the strawberry sauce, maybe a cleaning solution. I ate a couple of bites, then took it to the counter and told them something was wrong with it. They offered me another, but I didn't want one. About an hour later, I started getting really ill.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:56 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
You can get food poisoning anywhere. Sorry you are so sick. I would call the manager at least and let them know. I hope it passes quickly.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:55 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,603 times
My brother got salmonella from a sausage and biscuit from there when we were kids.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:11 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,164 times
Horrible... The last time I got a Big Mac in 1980 I got so sick...have not eaten a Big Mac since...although I was so sick from morning sickness in 1982 I did eat their cheese burgers..that bun settled my stomach...no Big Macs ever again...

Old 11-21-2014, 06:21 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Horrible... The last time I got a Big Mac in 1980 I got so sick...have not eaten a Big Mac since...although I was so sick from morning sickness in 1982 I did eat their cheese burgers..that bun settled my stomach...no Big Macs ever again...
Funny, I used to live next door to a man who made the buns! I know what you mean!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:42 AM

65 posts, read 82,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Can this really be? Wouldn't McDonalds have exceptional health practices? Yet, I know that is what I have.

Yesterday I was shopping, stopped for a Big Mac with fries and a diet coke. About 2 hours later I was strolling through Walmart when I dropped the shopping cart and ran to the restroom. I sat in the handicapped stall for 20 minutes, thinking I was going to throw up, faint, or die with terrible terrible diarrhea that made me weak and dizzy. I was hot so I took off my shirt, and tried not to vomit since I hate doing that. Finally, after the awful pain and cramps subsided a little, I raced out of there, to my car and back home. I have never ever felt that bad.

Last night the cramps continued and I got little sleep. Am thinking I should have reported this to someone, but who would believe me? McDonald's?? Come on.....
Do you think McDonald's has high standards?
Not anymore it doesn't. And actually not for quite a few years now.
Almost all of them are Franchises and the company itself has little to do with the way they are run.
YES, you definitely could have gotten sick from them.
Honestly I know this is kinda sick of me but I love McDonald's and when ever I eat there I take a few garlic pills and if your not sure take a couple more after.
it will prevent it from happening.
you can also take cayenne too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness